Bohemian Guitars are a small company with big ambitions. Inspired by South African street musicians, designed in Atlanta and manufactured in China, Bohemian’s instruments have pure old-school vibe and sustainability in mind.
With the “oil can” body formed from partially recycled materials and the neck made from reclaimed woods, bohemian also plant a tree with every order that they receive in co-operation with their partner ‘Trees for the Future’.
So if you’re looking for a distinctive guitar and also care for the environment, Bohemian guitars may be just for you!
Construction and Electronics:
The hollow metal body delivers a unique tone, offering an open sound with a rich, “metallic” top-end sparkle. The body is reinforced with a wood frame, ensuring strong structural integrity. This means you can gig with this instrument without any concerns, and this guitar will certainly turn heads!
The maple neck provides a sharp attack with plenty of bite, meaning notes will clearly “pop” and cut through any mix. A single P90 pickup provides a punchy and crisp tone, a surf-rocker's paradise when drenched with reverb.
Conventional volume and tone controls let you manipulate your tone with ease. Roll down the tone knob if you want to tame the powerful P90 for some smooth lead tones. This no-frills tone machine is definitely one for the purists!
Here's what Bohemian say about the Oil Can Guitar - Surf Wax w/ P90:
The Surf Wax's p90 pickup can be as a crisp, mellow and glass as a calm day a the beach, or add a little gain and it'll crush you like the break on the Banzai pipeline.
- Model : Surf Wax
- Body : Metal hollow body, removable back panel. Internal wood frame.
- Neck Wood : Maple
- Neck type : Bohemian Through-Body
- Fretboard : Rosewood composite or stained maple wood.
- Frets : 21
- Nut Width : 1 11/16"
- Width at 12th Fret : 2 1/8" .
- Width at 21st Fret : 2 3/8"
- Neck Thickness : 7/8"
- Scale Length : 25 1/2"
- Tuners : Chrome 3R 3L screw in w/ removable keys
- Bridge/Tailpiece : Chrome Tune-o-Matic
- Pickups : P90
- Electronics : Volume, Tone
- Self-standing : This model has a built in stand made from recycled rubber.
- Inspired by South Africa. Designed in Atlanta. Produced in China.