Chapman Guitars ML1 Pro Traditional in Satin White DoveAward-winning playability and design from the world's first collaborative design guitar company!
The deceptively understated ML1 Traditional was the first ever Chapman Guitars concept. Designed in collaboration with Rob Chapman's online followers, it combines modern design with tonal versatility, and is now available across all three of their ranges; Standard, Pro and British Standard.
Body & Neck
Chapman chose Swamp Ash for the body of the ML1 Pro. Used in some of the first solid-body electric guitars available to the public back in the '50s, Swamp Ash has earned its place among tonewood royalty. Known for an even resonance but with a slightly scooped midrange, it's perfect for any playing style, from blues to indie. It's also got a cool pronounced grain that offers an eye-catching organic aesthetic, and a set of subtle curves all-round, meaning a totally comfy playing experience for hours on end.
The neck is satin-finished Maple; a bright, snappy top-end and a silky smooth playing experience. You'll be able to navigate the full range of the neck with ease - the C-shape will feel familiar whatever your playing style, and the volute will ensure excellent durability.
Hardware & Electronics
Going for the SSS configuration, Chapman have loaded this model with 3 Venus Witch Zero single coil pickups. Featuring Alnico V magnets, they offer a brilliant twang that perfectly complements the classic Ash and Maple combination. Alnico V magnets are known for offering slightly higher outputs than their counterparts, which gives the classic single coil tone a modern edge.
Chrome and nickel hardware finish off the aesthetics of the ML1 in brilliantly old-school fashion. As the term 'traditional' might suggest, this guitar channels classic solid-body design, but without compromising the modern playability Chapman guitars are known for.
- Headstock: Straight heritage headstock
- Neck: Maple with satin finish
- Neck type: C shape recessed bolt-on neck with volute
- Top: Swamp ash solid carve top with satin finish
- Body: Swamp ash with satin finish
- Body carves: Front lower spoon cut, rear tummy cut, rear lower spoon cut, rear heel contour
- Fretboard: Maple fretboard with rolled edges
- Frets: 22 jumbo stainless steel frets
- Fret markers: Glow-in-the-dark side dots
- 12th fret inlay: Black infinity
- Scale length: 648mm (~25.5")
- Tuners: Hipshot grip-lock open (18:1 gearing)
- String nut: Graph tech tusq nut
- Strings: D'addario nyxl nickel wound super light, 09-42
- Truss rod: Dual action
- Bridge: Chapman 2-point tremolo with brass block with brass saddles
- Neck pickup: Chapman Venus Witch single coil, Magnet: alnico 5 output: 6.8k ohms
- Middle pickup: Chapman Venus Witch single coil, Magnet: alnico 5 output: 6.8k ohms
- Bridge pickup: Chapman Venus Witch single coil, Magnet: alnico 5 output: 8k ohms
- Pickup switch: 5 way blade switch
- Controls: Master volume (250k), master tone (250k)
- Strap buttons: Chapman strap locks
- Case: Chapman Pro hard case
10+ In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Monday, 22 October 2018
Free UK Delivery
Check what you would pay - select a deposit
Based on months APR
More finance Options
Hide finance Options^
Total amount payable . APR representative.
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.