Chapman ML1 Modern Baritone Standard in Gloss Graphite
The ML1 Modern is a dual humbucker rock guitar that can cover a lot of different styles. The Ebony fretboard gives your notes clarity and the smooth feeling neck makes it easy to go from lead to rhythm and between with ease. The string-through bridge will make the body resonate more giving you more attack and more sustain and even better tuning stability. With a 28 inch scale length this baritone beast will give lower tunings more bottom end grunt then ever before.
The pickups on-board are 2 Chapman Sonorous Zero Baritone humbuckers which were designed to give you a powerful, but clear sound. They can be used for every style of music from blues to classic rock to metal and beyond.
The ML1 also has rolled fretboard edges which involves smoothing out any fret edges so that the instrument feels 'played in' even when it's brand new. This process makes the neck much more comfortable to hold and play.
History of the Chapman Guitars
Back in 2009 Rob Chapman came up with the idea of collaboratively designing a guitar with his YouTube fans ? over 5000 fans took part in a series of votes to decide on body style, neck profile, headstock shape, pickups and colours, and the original ML-1 was born. Originally made in China & sold as a limited edition one of run in matt black, the ML-1 sold out within 2-3 months & left 100s of fans disappointed that they didn't get one. In 2010 Rob underwent the same process to design the ML-2 ? a single cut, double humbucker guitar that again sold out within 2-3 weeks of arrival. In 2012 Rob decided to take the Chapman guitar brand up market, and moved the production to Korea.
The new factory introduced some new features, improved the build quality, and added new colours to the original ML designs. At the NAMM 2017 it was announced that the Chapman range would be split into 2. The Pro series are still built at the same factory in South Korea with a higher spec than before taking these instruments to new heights. And the Standard series guitars are built in Indonesia retaining the same ethos of the current Chapman range, though more affordable.
An easy way to tell the difference between the ranges is by looking at the fretboard. The standard range has got fretboard marker inlays along the fretboard, while the pro series does not.
Here's what Chapman say about the ML1 Baritone
If aggressive, melodic and powerful extended range filth is your thing, then look no further than the ML1 Modern Baritone. Fully-loaded with 12-60 gauge D'Addario NYXL strings, you can effortlessly tune to drop A and shake the pillars of heaven. Every note slams you in the chest like a war hammer courtesy of the Chapman ZerÝ Sonorous Alnico 5 humbuckers.
But don't be fooled into thinking that the ML1 Modern Baritone is simply just a 'djent machine'. With its alder body, satin-finished maple neck and ebony fretboard a veritable cornucopia of tones are ready for you at the flick of it's three-way blade or the pull of it's coil split-able tone pot.
Action-packed with features such as rolled edges and locking tuners, finished off with a natural reveal binding, the ML1 Modern Baritone is your to take away... just don't feed it after dark.
- Model: Ml1 modern baritone graphite
- Standard series
- Headstock: Straight heritage headstock
- Neck: Maple with satin finish
- Neck type: C shape recessed bolt-on neck with velute
- Top: Ash veneer on flat top with gloss finish
- Body: Alder with gloss finish
- Body carves: Arm carve, front lower spoon cut, rear tummy cut, rear lower spoon cut, rear heel contour
- Fretboard: Ebony fretboard with rolled edges
- Binding: Reveal
- Frets: 24 jumbo nickel frets
- Fret markers: Pearl side dots and pearl front dot inlays
- 12th fret inlay: Pearl infinity
- Scale length: 711mm (~28")
- Tuners: Chapman locking (18:1 gearing)
- String nut: Graph tech black tusq xl nut
- Strings: D'addario nyxl nickel wound extra heavy, 12-60
- Truss rod: Dual action
- Bridge: Chapman string-through hardtail
- Neck pickup: Chapman Sonorous Zero Baritone humbucker, Magnet: alnico 5 output: 12.5k ohms
- Bridge pickup: Chapman Sonorous Zero Baritone humbucker, Magnet: alnico 5 output: 16.5k ohms
- Pickup switch: 3 way blade switch with coil split on push-pull tone knob
- Controls: Master volume (500k), master tone with push-pull (500k)
- Strap buttons: Chapman classic strap buttons
- Case: Chapman deluxe gig bag
Next Delivery Due: Monday, 26 March 2018
Free UK Delivery
Check what you would pay - select a deposit
Based on months APR
More finance Options
Hide finance Options^
Total amount payable . APR representative.
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.