The Schecter C-1 is a pure metal machine, and arguably the brand's flagship guitar design. The EX edition of the C-1 is made to a 27" baritone scale, allowing you to tune down without losing tension or encountering intonation problems. Joining the Apocalypse line, this C-1 EX boasts unique steampunk-style looks to make you stand out on stage!
Underneath the surface, you'll discover that the Schecter C-1 EX Apocalypse sports a number of high-quality features. With US-made Apocalypse-VI humbuckers, a multi-ply neck, X-jumbo stainless steel frets and glow-in-the-dark side dot markers, this instrument will meet the demands of any modern metalhead.
The Schecter C-1 EX Apocalypse features a Swamp Ash body, which serves as an excellent tonal foundation for the powerful pickups. Ensuring a balanced sound with rich lows and sweet highs, this material is also lightweight, making the C-1 EX a brilliant performance workhorse.
The C-1's neck provides all of the potent note definition you'd expect from a metal-style instrument. Constructed from Maple and Padauk, this combination of woods adds plenty of mid-range and presence, so that heavy palm-muted riffs or searing solos have all of the attack you'd ever need.
It's multi-ply design adds strength too, which helps to prevent issues like warping. But if that doesn't sound like enough, Schecter has reinforced the neck with Carbon Fibre rods too!
Electronics & Hardware
A guitar of this calibre should never be let down by sub-par pickups, which is why Schecter has opted to fit the C-1 EX Apocalypse with its high-end US-made humbuckers. The Apocalypse-VI pickups have a gloriously strong voice, truly in their element when used with distortion or overdrive.
However, they aren't one-trick ponies either. That's because these particular humbuckers sound ultra-clear and precise with clean amp settings, especially when you engage the C-1's push-pull tone control.
In addition to the high-end pickups, the hardware on this guitar is top-tier as well. Schecter has installed the C-1 EX with its own set of locking tuners, ensuring super-easy string changes. In conjunction with the Graph Tech XL Black Tusq nut, these hardware appointments guarantee better overall tuning stability.
At the other end of the instrument, you'll find a Hipshot hardtail bridge. Incredibly reliable and solid, this robust bridge will take years of playing abuse without breaking a sweat. Feeling smooth on the right hand, this bridge is also very easy to adjust when making setup changes.
- Model Name: C-1 EX Apocalypse
- Country of Origin: South Korea
- Tuners: Schecter Locking
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Neck Material: Maple/Padauk Multi-ply w/Carbon Fiber Reinforcement Rods
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Triangle at 12th and 24th fret
- Side Dot Markers: Glow In The Dark
- Scale: 27" (685.8mm)
- Neck Shape: Thin ‘C’
- Thickness: @ 1st Fret- .787” (20mm)/ @ 12th Fret- .866” (22mm)
- Frets: 24 X-Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Fretboard Radius: 12”-16” Compound Radius
- Nut: Graph Tech XL Black Tusq
- Nut Width: 1.653” (42mm)
- Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable Rod w/ 5/32” (4mm) Allen Nut
- Hardware Colour: Satin Black
- Top Contour: Arched Top
- Dexterity: Right Handed
- Construction: Set-Neck w/Ultra Access
- Body Material: Swamp Ash
- Binding: Black 1-ply
- Bridge: Hipshot Hardtail (.125) w/ String Thru Body
- Controls: Volume/Volume/Tone(Push-Pull)/3-Way Switch
- Bridge Pickup: Schecter USA Apocalypse-VI™
- Neck Pickup: Schecter USA Apocalypse-VI™
- Knobs: Hipshot O-Ring
- Strings: Ernie Ball Baritone Not Even Slinky #2626 (.012-.056)