Rabea Massaad's signature model is an absolute beast of a guitar offering bite and power when you need it most - this baritone version combines classic design with a punchy low-end sound, perfect for modern metal.
Rabea Massaad on the ML3 BEA:
The ML3 BEA guitars are an amalgamation of all my guitar influences musically and physically up to now in my career - achieving a combination of beauty and brutality - both tonally and visually!
Body & Neck
Satin finished Alder is used for the body, known for its pronounced upper midrange. This makes it perfect for contemporary styles, and allows to remain resonant and clear in any mix - particularly important with dense compositions and complex musical styles. A series of carved curves also ensure that you'll be ultra-comfortable handling the ML3 BEA.
The bolt-on neck is Padauk. Known for its weighty feel, it produces a tone that's similarly heavy - plenty of sustain and warmth, perfect for accentuating the extended range resonance of a baritone. Indian Ebony is used for the rolled fretboard, balancing out the tonal combination with a sparkling top-end.
Hardware & Electronics
Rabea voiced the pickups for his signature model to make sure that the sound suited his unique playing style. The resulting Henchman humbucker (bridge) and mini-rail (neck) combination offers a brilliantly balanced tonal palette that can make the most of the extended range.
The bridge position produces razor sharp metal tones that respond brilliantly to a variety of distortions. Switch to the middle position and you're in a world of compressed twang - cleans sound simply spectacular. The neck position brings the warmth, perfect for well-rounded cleans and rich lead parts. It doesn't end there though; a 5-way switch and coil tap allows for a whole host of extra sounds - the fun never ends.
Black and chrome hardware and reveal binding polishes off this guitars classy, modern aesthetic. The Chapman string-through hardtail bridge combined with the Graph Tech tusq nut ensures tuning stability and a responsive action. All in all, the ML3 BEA Baritone offers more than just djent mayhem - it's a perfectly precise machine that'll respond brilliantly to whatever you throw at it.
- Headstock: Angled heritage headstock
- Neck: Padauk with satin finish
- Neck type: C shape recessed bolt-on neck with velute
- Top: Flame Maple solid flat top with satin finish
- Body: Alder with satin finish
- Body carves: Arm carve, front lower spoon cut, rear tummy cut, rear lower spoon cut, rear heel contour
- Fretboard: Ebony fretboard with rolled edges
- Binding: Reveal
- Frets: 22 jumbo stainless steel frets
- Fret markers: Glow-in-the-dark side dots
- 12th fret inlay: Pearl infinity
- Scale length: 711mm (~28")
- Tuners: Hipshot grip-lock open (18:1 gearing)
- String nut: Graph tech black tusq xl nut
- Strings: D'addario nyxl nickel wound extra heavy, 12-60
- Truss rod: Dual action
- Bridge: Chapman string-through hardtail
- Neck pickup: Chapman Henchman Mini Rail humbucker, Magnet: ceramic output: 8.5k ohms
- Bridge pickup: Chapman Henchman humbucker, Magnet: ceramic output: 18k ohms
- Pickup switch: 5-way super switch with coil split
- Controls: Master volume (500k), master tone (500k)
- Strap buttons: Chapman strap locks
- Case: Chapman Pro hard case