G&L is the final legacy of legendary guitar builder Leo Fender. Creator of so many iconic instruments, Leo continued to re-work these designs and create even more when he founded G&L in 1979.
The Fallout is a modern reimagining of Leo Fender’s SC-2 design from 1983. This stripped back rock machine is perfect for high gain riffage but can also handle a variety of within one simple, affordable guitar.
Body and Neck
This guitar features a mahogany body which is known for it’s sustain and has the added effect of adding a warmer tone to the guitar.
The Fallout has a comfortable “Medium C” neck profile which is easy to play and has a 12” fingerboard radius. This is a more modern radius which is comfortable to fret chords on and is far more suited to playing leads and bends than the more curved, vintage radius fingerboards.
This guitar has a P90 in the neck for thick single-coil sounds and a humbucker in the bridge for powerful biting tones. These pickups, with the 3-way pickup selector, offer a wider array of tones from smooth blues through to higher gain rock styles. The humbucker is also coil-splittable adding even greater versatility to this guitar with the ability to emulate single coil tones in the bridge.
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Scale: 25 1/2"
- Pickups: Paul Gagon-designed Alnico pickups, G&L AP4285B P-90 in neck position and G&L AW4470B humbucker in bridge positon
- Body Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Wood: Hard-Rock Maple w/ Brazilian Cherry fingerboard
- Neck Width At Nut: 1 5/8"
- Neck Radius: 12"
- Neck Profile: Medium C
- Frets: 22 medium jumbo, nickel
- Tuning Keys: 18:1 ratio, sealed-back
- Bridge: G&L Saddle Lock™
- Controls: 3-position pickup selector, volume, tone with push/pull coil tap