The Music Man StingRay RS is a highly-versatile electric guitar, featuring a distinctive offset body shape, pristine hardware and an instantly-recognisable headstock. Boasting a pair of vintage-spec humbucking pickups that can cover a lot of sonic territory, the StingRay RS also sports Music Man's modern tremolo system and a rock-solid roasted Maple neck - resulting in a contemporary instrument that doesn't alienate traditionalists.
Comfortable, Roasted Maple Neck
All of Music Man's guitars are renowned for having incredibly comfortable neck profiles. The StingRay RS is no exception, and is certain to keep you playing for hours on end with its asymmetrical neck shape that ensures optimal support for your fretting hand. The oiled and waxed finish enhances the neck's playability even further, offering an ultra-smooth feel.
With a stunning figured grain, the StingRay's Maple neck has been roasted to remove all of the natural moisture retained by the wood. This process makes the neck far less vulnerable to warping when exposed to varying climates, ensuring incredible stability.
Lightweight Okoume Body
The StingRay's gorgeous neck is joined with a flawlessly-crafted Okoume body, serving as the perfect sonic foundation for the humbucker pairing with its big and bold sound. Very lightweight, this specific material makes the Music Man StingRay RS a great live performance workhorse. The sculpted neck joint allows you to easily access all of the StingRay's 22 stainless steel frets too!
Music Man has fitted its StingRay RS model with its chrome-plated modern tremolo system, providing a smooth action and ensuring fantastic tuning stability. At the other end of the instrument you'll find a set of high-quality Schaller locking tuners, enabling you to change strings easily while also decreasing the chance of tuning slips.
Vintage Output Alnico Humbuckers
A double-dose of Music Man's "Vintage Output" alnico humbuckers give the StingRay RS a glorious voice. Expressive and airy with plenty of dynamic range, these traditional-sounding pickups have a clear and articulate character with clean tones, yet sing with sustain when overdrive or distortion is employed.
- Body Shape: StingRay
- Body Material: Lightweight Okoume
- Body Finish: High Gloss Polyester
- Neck Material: Roasted Figured Maple
- Neck Shape: Asymmetrical
- Neck Finish: Hand Rubbed Oil and Wax
- Neck Width: 1-5/8" (41.3 mm) at Nut, 2-1/4" (56.9 mm) at Last Fret
- Fingerboard Material: Roasted Figured Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 10"
- Fingerboard Inlays: Black Dots
- Number of Frets: 22, High Profile, Medium Width, Stainless Steel
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Material: Compensated Tusq
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Music Man Modern Tremolo with Vintage Bent Steel Saddles
- Tuners: Schaller M6-IND Locking
- Pickups: 2 Music Man Vintage Output Alnico Humbuckers with Chrome Covers
- Controls: 1 x Volume, 1 x Tone, 3-Way Toggle Pickup Selector
- Strings: RPS 10 Slinky (10-46)
- Case Included: Hardshell Case