The Mustang is one of Fender's most iconic offset guitars. Introduced in the '60s, the Mustang later became synonymous with the early '90s alt-rock scene - Nirvana's Kurt Cobain one of its most famous users.
Fender's Vintera '60s Mustang captures the spirit of the earliest incarnation of the legendary offset model. Keeping many classic appointments intact, like a period-correct "C"-shaped neck, rounded 7.25" fingerboard radius and vintage-voiced pickups - the Vintera '60s Mustang is designed for players who love a traditional feel and nostalgic tones!
Timeless Fender Construction
Fender has relied on its favoured tonewood combinations for the Vintera '60s Mustang. Featuring an Alder body, this balanced-sounding material ensures robust lows, lively mids and crisp highs - a great tonal foundation for the bright-sounding single-coil pickups.
The Alder body is joined with a bolt-on Maple neck, bringing out even more top-end snap. The Pau Ferro fingerboard is another thoughtful design feature, adding some crucial lower mid-range warmth and providing a silky-smooth touch under the fingers.
Chimey Single-Coil Tones
The Fender Vintera '60s Mustang achieves its authentic sounds from its vintage-style '60s single-coils. With a vibrant, articulate and chimey character, these medium-output pickups excel with clean amp settings, but sound bright and punchy with big doses of overdrive too. This alternative all-star really is suitable for a wide range of styles.
Vintage Mustang Tremolo
Many of the most distinctive hardware appointments from original '60s Mustangs has been retained for the Vintera model. Fitted with a classic 6-saddle vintage Mustang tremolo, you can warble to your heart's content with the vintage-style tuners keeping your tuning rock-solid.
- Alder body
- Two ‘60s Mustang single-coil pickups
- “’60s C”-shaped maple neck; 7.25”-radius fingerboard with 22 vintage-style frets
- Vintage-style Mustang floating tremolo and bridge
- Includes deluxe gig bag
- Body Wood: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Mustang
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Profile: Thin "C"
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Fret Size: Vintage
- Number of Frets: 22
- Inlays: White Dots
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style
- Neck Pickup: Vintage-Style '60s Single-Coil Mustang
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage-Style '60s Single-Coil Mustang
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone, 2 Slider Switches, Toggle Switch
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Mustang Tremolo
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Tuners: Vintage-Style with White Buttons
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA 250R NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Fender Deluxe Gig Bag