The Fender Jazzmaster is an iconic offset electric guitar, known for its distinctive soapbar-style single-coil pickups and floating tremolo tailpiece. This Japanese-made, limited edition Traditional '60s Jazzmaster keeps many old-school appointments intact, and features a classy matching headstock for good measure!
Body & Neck
In typical Fender fashion, the '60s Jazzmaster features an Alder body. This balanced-sounding material ensures robust lows, lively mids and crisp highs; the perfect tonal foundation for the Jazzmaster's jangly single-coil pickups.
The Alder body is joined with a bolt-on Maple neck, ensuring a bright and snappy sound that gives notes plenty of immediacy. However, the Rosewood fingerboard brings out some mid-range warmth, while providing a silky-smooth touch under the fingers.
Shaped to Fender's time-honoured "U” profile, the '60s Jazzmaster's neck provides plenty of comfort. Vintage-style frets are also thoughtful, with the old-school 7.25" fingerboard radius keeping the true traditionalists happy.
The limited edition MIJ Jazzmaster achieves its authentic '60s sounds from its vintage-voiced single-coils. With a vibrant and punchy character, these medium-output pickups excel with clean amp settings but also sound dynamic and potent with overdrive.
This alternative all-star really is suitable for a wide range of styles, and with a host of tone-altering pickup switches - you can experiment to your heart's content with different sounds!
Many of the distinctive hardware appointments found on original Jazzmasters from the '60s have been retained for this stylish limited edition model. Fitted with a "Floating" tremolo tailpiece, you can effortlessly add vibrato to lead lines or chords. Fender's 6-saddle adjustable bridge enables excellent access for action and intonation tweaks too, meaning that you can find the perfect setup.
- Body Wood: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Jazzmaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Profile: "U" Shape
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25"
- Fret Size: Vintage Style
- Number of Frets: 21
- Inlays: White Dots
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650” (42 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Neck Pickup: Single-Coil Jazzmaster
- Bridge Pickup: Single-Coil Jazzmaster
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle - Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup; 2-Position Slide - Up Rhythm Tone Circuit, Down Lead Tone Circuit
- Controls: Lead Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Down) - Volume (Neck), Volume (Bridge), Master Tone; Rhythm Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Up) - Two Thumbwheel Controls for Neck Pickup Volume and Tone
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Adjustable
- Tailpiece: Fender "Floating" Tremolo
- Tuners: Chrome Die-Cast
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-Ply White
- Control Knobs: Vintage White
- Case/Gig Bag: Fender Padded Gig Bag