Fender’s Made In Japan range offers something a little different. As the name suggests, these unique models are manufactured in Fender’s Japanese factories, combining classic Fender designs with spec tweaks and new looks. The Hybrid Jazzmaster in Indigo is no exception, with a set of alnico-powered US single-coil pickups and a satin finish that’ll leave a lasting impression.
Body & Neck
The body is made of Alder for that recognisable balanced Fender tone with a pronounced upper midrange. This ensures clarity, perfectly complemented by the vintage pickups – more bite than bark. The satin Indigo polyester finish is both reserved and eye-catching, with a pearlescent pickguard adding some subtle bling.
On the neck side of things, it’s another Fender staple: satin Maple. Combined with a U-shape neck profile, this particular Jazzmaster provides smooth playability with that familiar, chunky vintage feel.
Hardware & Electronics
Notable hardware appointments include a 6-saddle Vintage-style bridge and vintage-style tuners. The pickups are US Jazzmaster-sized single-coils with alnico magnets – this gives them a surprising amount of low-end richness.
Combined with the comprehensive Jazzmaster switching options, this set of pickups provides an incredibly versatile palette. The Jazzmaster was originally released back in the day as a top-of-the-range workhorse instrument – the MIJ Hybrid channels that approach with finesse.
- Series: Fender MIJ (Made in Japan)
- Body Colour: Indigo
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Polyester
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Neck Shape: U Shape
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5'' (250mm)
- No. of Frets: 21
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Scale Length: 25.5'' (648mm)
Hardware and Electronics
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.675''
- Tuning Machines: Fender Vintage Style
- Bridge: 6-Saddle, Vintage Style with Adjustable Floating Tremolo
- Pick-guard: 3-Ply White Pearl
- Neck Pickup: US Single-Coil Jazzmaster
- Bridge Pickup: US Single-Coil Jazzmaster
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle, Position 1 - Bridge Pickup, Position 2 - Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3 - Neck Pickup
- Lead Circuit Controls: Volume and Tone
- Rhythm Circuit Controls: Volume and Tone
- Control Knobs: White
- Hardware Finish: Chrome