The Fender Professional Jaguar is a streamlined version of a guitar design from long ago. It no longer contains all of the roller switches, but rather an easy to use 4-way selector switch along with a Michael Frank-designed single-coil V-Mod pickups for vintage Jag tones.
As with all Jags, it has a slightly shorter scale length making it easy to fly up and down the fretboard and the narrow-tall frets and taper neck profile make playing this guitar super easy.
The American Professional range has replaced the American Standards. Made in America with high-end hardware and each one comes with an official Fender hardshell case. There has never before been a run-of-the-mill American Jaguar so this is a new venture for Fender.
The single-coils in the Professional Jaguar were designed by Michael Frank for vintage tone. The bridge has a lot of bite while the neck will give you that rounded tone you'd expect.
The 4 way toggle activates your pickups in the following way: bridge pickup, both pickups in parallel, neck pickup, both pickups in series. When both pickups are activated, the toggle on the top horn of the guitar will act as a phase switch.
The American Professional models also have the Treble Bleed Circuit which keeps the trebles pronounced, even when turning the volume down.
The neck shape is the new Deep C profile which is a tapered neck. This means it’s thinner at the headstock end where you play chords and may want to get your thumb over the top to fret the E-String. The neck flattens out the higher up you go to make faster playing a bit easier and a bit more fluid.
The Narrow-Tall frets make bending a little bit easier as they don’t provide as much friction or resistance as vintage frets do. And because they’re slightly narrower, it gives the actually fret spacing a little more room. It’s an incremental change, but every little helps…
- Series: American Pro
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple or Rosewood, Modern “Deep C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck
- Fingerboard: Maple or Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays: Black Dot (Maple), White Dot (Rosewood)
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Scale Length: 24” (610 mm)
Hardware and Electronics
- Bridge: 9.5 inch Radius Jazzmaster/Jaguar Bridge with Vintage-Style
- Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button and Screw-in Tremolo Arm
- Pickups: V-Mod Single-Coil Jaguar (Bridge/Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 4-Position Blade
- Special Electronics: 2-Position Slide-Switch for In/Out of Phase When Both Pickups are On
- Controls: Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Skirted Amp Knobs
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome