Schecter teamed up with metal instrumentalist Keith Merrow to bring his vision of the perfect guitar to life. The result is the KM-7 MK-III, a 7-string baritone-scale beast boasting exotic woods and faultless hardware. As the third iteration of Merrow's popular signature guitar, the KM-7 MK-III is arguably the most comfortable and playable instrument that Schecter has ever conceived - making it perfect for touring and the studio.
A swamp ash body gives this guitar a light feel, perfect for long sets where an ergonomic instrument is necessary. Giving you a full-bodied sound, this serves as the perfect tonal foundation for the high-output Schecter Diamond KM pickups; bringing out the best of their qualities. Adorned with a beautiful Burl top - this guitar will get plenty of attention on stage!
The Schecter KM-7 MK-III's ultra thin "C" neck profile provides further comfort, enabling fast runs and lead lines without any hindrance. Constructed of a mixture of Roasted Maple and standard Maple tonewoods, you can expect a snappy response with plenty of mid-range attack. The roasting process also removes any moisture from the material, which along with the 5-piece design ensures rock solid stability in differing climates.
Electronics & Hardware
One of the most noteworthy features of this instrument is its dual dose of Schecter Diamond KM humbuckers. Delivering ultra-hot tones that can handle copious amounts of gain, these pickups have lots of upper mid-range bite that makes them particularly useful with high-gain amplifiers. But they aren't built solely for distortion, as with clean tones they sound warm and pure - perfect for softly-picked arpeggios or chords. And with the ability to engage a coil-split function, you can attain those glassy single-coil tones too!
The Schecter custom hardtail bridge is machined super-smoothly, enabling comfortable palm-muting. Its high-mass design also ensures superb sustain and fullness, especially in conjunction with the string-thru-body format.
- Model Name: Keith Merrow KM-7 Mk-III Standard
- Country of Origin: Indonesia
- Hardware Colour: Black
- Top Contour: Radius Top
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Body Material: Swamp Ash
- Top Material: Burl
- Binding: Black 1-ply
- Bridge: Schecter Custom Hardtail w/ String Thru Body
- Tuners: Schecter
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Neck Material: Roasted Maple/Maple 5-pc w/ Carbon Fiber Reinforcement Rods
- Inlays: Aluminum Offset/Reverse Circles
- Side Dot Markers: Glow In The Dark
- Scale: 26.5” (673mm)
- Neck Shape: Ultra Thin ‘C’
- Thickness: @ 1st Fret- .763” (19.4mm)/ @ 12th Fret- .822” (20.9mm)
- Frets: 24 X-Jumbo
- Fretboard Radius: 12”-16” Compound Radius
- Nut: Ernie Ball Compensated Nut
- Nut Width: 1.889” (48mm)
- Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable Rod w/ Heel Access Spoke Wheel
- Controls: Volume/3-Way Pickup Switch/2-way Coil Split Toggle Switch
- Bridge Pickup: Schecter Diamond KM Humbucker
- Neck Pickup: Schecter Diamond KM Humbucker
- Knobs: Metal Knurled w/ Set Screw
- Strings: Ernie Ball 7-String (.009/.011/.016/.026/.036/.046/.062)