Yamaha THR10 Compact Guitar Amp
The included software may now be a download online and the stated CD may not be enclosed with this item as a result
The Yamaha THR10 is the new standard in guitar home and practice amps - and you can take it on the road with you too! Ideal as a third amp, the THR10 has highly-realistic built in models (thanks to Yamaha VCM technology) which will give you authentic-feeling, authentic-sounding valve amp tone in a portable stereo speaker amp with built in effects, usb interface and auxilliary input. In short, the THR is the ideal companion for guitarists who love to play, and could be struck by inspiration at any time. No longer do you have to settle for mediocre practice amp tones when a musical idea hits you on holiday, at work, or in the tour bus. THR10 will be ready with all the sounds you'd ever need for a jam or writing session.
Music Radar Review:
Yamaha has reinvented the practice amp to dovetail neatly with the demands of the average guitarist's modern life. The perfect solution for playing and jamming at home.
Premier Guitar Review:
If you?re a home studio freak with space or volume constraints, the THR10 has the potential to change your whole studio landscape the same way trading a desktop workstation for a laptop can change your office. That this amp works just as beautifully as a standalone practice amp is remarkable, and at about 300 bucks, it offers a lot of amplification and recording solutions for the price.
Full of great options
In addition to all the great features of the THR 5, the THR 10 includes 3 more amp models, 5 preset memory locations and 3-band EQ. Like the THR5, the THR 10 also features a USB interface which means that THR can be used as a playback device for your computer, and that you can record your guitar tone (dry, effected or both!) directly into the included Cubase AI software. Yamaha's Extended Stereo speaker technology and dual full range 8cm speakers ensures that the THR sounds great with both guitar tones and recorded music.
Use it wherever you go
Tube tones at bedroom volumes, recording and playback over USB, and a host of realistic amp models and stunning FX. The THR10 is the ideal third amp after your main gigging and rehearsal amps. It will inspire you to pick up a guitar again and again and again. The THR is designed to fit where, when and how you play when you're not on stage. With big amp response, incredible effects and hi-fi stereo sound in a package that's built to meet all of your off-stage needs, you're about to begin a new chapter in your playing.
Not a sound, a feeling...
Developed by a team of guitarists in search of the ultimate tone, THR delivers the sound that you want and the feeling that you need. Effects that enhance and complement your playing combine with room-filling reverbs and delays to push your playing to new levls. And thanks to THR's unique design and focus, stadium-filling volume isn't a prerequisite - everything about this amp is designed to fit the way you play, right down to the need to keep it quiet sometimes. With tone and feel like this, you'll appreciate the ability to keep playing all night.
Full-fledged recording with Cubase AI
THR's incredible amp models give the tone and response of a real amp, cranked, mic'd and straight into a mixing console - all through the USB or line output. THR comes bundled with Steinberg's Cubase AI music production software to make professional quality recording and editing with those tones just a click away. Utilizing the free THR Editor Software, you'll be able to create and modify the amp sounds with incredible depth.
More than just a practice amp...
When practicing is such an important part of playing, why should you accept a tone from your practice amp that's anything less than inspirational? With THR you don't have to, and the outstanding stereo playback sound will keep you playing harder, longer and later than ever before.
THR's combination of outstanding tone, flexibility and portability makes it the perfect backstage warm-up amp.
Ready when you are...
With THR's great tone, you'll want to play every chance you get. It's the only amp that will give you the sound you want, wherever and whenever inspiration strikes Conventional amps work great on stage. But what about everywhere else you play? Most amps are just small versions of stage amps - but how you play at home isn't just a small version of how you play on stage, so why would an amp based on that really give you what you need?
THR is the first amp truly designed to fit how you play off-stage. Everything you need is here: tones that push amp modelling to a new level, recreating the exact response and experience of playing a tube amp thanks to Yamaha's exclusive Virtual Circuitry Modelling (VCM) technology; ultra-realistic reverbs and effects to complement your playing and push you farther; and true hi-fi quality stereo audio playback that no guitar amp can get close to - all wrapped up in a package designed to mirror how you really play off-stage.
You have your big amp that sounds great cranked up to 10. Maybe you have your practical, smaller amp for rehearsals and smaller shows. Now you have your perfect third amp. The amp for everything else, THR. Prepare to spend a lot more time playing guitar...
Here's what Yamaha have to say about this amp
Designed from the ground up, every part of THR's design, from the preamp to the speaker enclosure, is focused on delivering the ultimate playing experience through a tone that belies THR's ultra compact size.
THR utilizes a newly designed amp-modelling technology using Yamaha's Virtual Circuitry Modelling (VCM) technology. VCM gives THR the power to model real amps incredibly accurately, with each control working and responding exactly as it does on the real thing.
- Clean: Rich clean tones from a 6L6 power section with gentle breakup for incredible jazz, blues and country sounds.
- Crunch: Low-powered EL84 class-A tube output with bright, clear, dynamic power amp distortion characteristics.
- Lead: Classic British single-channel tone. A combination of a low-gain preamp section and EL34s in the power section give rich, controllable distortion with great midrange definition.
- Brit Hi: EL34s keep the classic British clarity while a higher gain preamp allows you to push the amp into serious distortion.
- Modern: Ultra high gain input section combined with 6L6 output section delivers smooth, powerful distortion and awesome power amp compression.
- Bass: High-power all-tube design for dynamic, driving bass tone.
- Aco: Electro-acoustic optimized input with mic simulations for natural, clear tone.
- Flat: Flat response clean input for line sources. Tone and effect controls allow shaping of non-guitar sources.
- User memory function lets you save up to five amp settings of all controlls and switch settings for quick recall
- Most of THR's effects feature VCM effects processors. Based on the technology used in Yamaha's professional audio mixers, VCM effects give unsurpassed realism and quality.
- Tap tempo function to quickly set delay time.
- The built-in chromatic tuner features accurate, stable tuning and an easy-to-read display.
- THR incorporates Yamaha's new Extended Stereo Technology to create an incredibly wide, spacious audio image. Stereo tracks and studio quality reverb take on a depth unimaginable from such a small enclosure.
- THR's design provides stereo playback from your smartphone or other device through its AUX jack or direct from your computer via the USB2.0 connection.
- THR is bundled with Cubase AI, Stinberg's professional music production application that offers full-fledged recording and editing.
- The THR editior available for download from Yamaha's website offers deep editing of amp and effect parameters using a computer. Additional in-depth controls include compressor and noise gate functions.
- THR's two-way power supply lets the unit operate on AC (PSU supplied) or battery power.
- THR's Virtual Tube Illumination includes a simulated orange tube glow from the metal speaker grille.
- Brit Hi
- Spring Reverb
- Hall Reverb
- Noise Gate*
*only available in the THR Editor
- Input (Standard Mono Jack)
- Phones (Standard Stereo Jack)
- Aux in (Stereo Mini Jack)
- Power Supply: EADP-38EB A (Included)
- Batteries: 8x AA (Not Included)
- 2x 8cm Full Range Speakers
- 10w (5w + 5w)
- 360 x 183.5 x 140mm
- AC Adapter
- USB Cable
- Stereo Mini Cable
- Cubase AI
Next Delivery Due: Friday, 9 March 2018
Free UK Delivery