The Vox AC30 is a timeless British icon. Arguably one of the most identifiable amps ever, the AC30 isn't adored just for its distinctive aesthetics, but more importantly for its glorious sound. The Vox AC30S1 captures that legendary tone, but follows a more streamlined approach to ensure that it is more accessible from a price perspective.
Single Channel Design
With a single channel based on the Top Boost channel of the AC30, this potent amplifier provides that unmistakable UK '60s sound. With a chimey and articulate clean, the AC30S1 can extend to a rich and gnarly overdrive when you push its gain control, thanks to its unique touch-sensitive circuitry and four EL84 power tubes.
The AC30 may be most notorious for its old-school tones, however the AC30S1 has been appointed with some modern features to appeal to contemporary players. A built-in digital reverb expands your tonal palette, giving you a convincing spring reverb sound with plenty of vintage character.
But if you're keen to run other time-based effects through the amp, like a delay, or even use modulation pedals such as chorus or phaser, the AC30S1's effects loop will allow for seamless routing of your pedalboard chain. The front end of the amp also reacts beautifully to overdrive and distortion pedals, making the AC30S1 the perfect pedal platform.
Although it packs 30W of power, you can use the AC30S1's external speaker output to connect to an additional cabinet if you're looking to rehearse and gig in large spaces. Plug it into a 4x12, and you'll certainly push some serious air!
- Single-channel design inspired by the AC30’s trademark Top Boost.
- All tube design featuring two 12AX7 pre-amp tubes and four EL84 power-amp tubes.
- Equipped with a single Celestion-made 12-inch speaker, specially voiced for the AC30S1.
- Effects send/return and external speaker output are provided for pairing with pedals or external cabinets - Equipped with digital reverb that simulates a classic spring reverb.
- Controls: Gain, Bass, Treble, Reverb, Volume
- Input: 1 x Input Jack, FX LOOP RETURN Jack
- Output: 1 x External speaker jack, FX LOOP SEND Jack
- Tube complement: 2 x 12AX7, 4 x EL84
- Output Power: 30 W RMS (16Ω)
- Speaker: 1 x 12" Celestion VX12 (16Ω)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 658 mm x 265 mm x 550 mm / 25.91" x 10.43" x 21.65"
- Weight: 24.5kg / 54.01 lbs.
- Accessory: AC Cable