Vox is most synonymous with the UK '60s sound, powering bands like The Beatles with their iconic AC30 amplifiers. But in the 21st Century, the brand has innovated in a number of ways to push amplifier technology, and their Mini Super Beetle 50W Amp Head & 1x10" Cab is a powerful little rig that incorporates Korg's cutting-edge NuTube concept.
Retaining Vox's legendary aesthetics, the Mini Super Beetle Head and Cab carries that vintage charm but underneath its old-school looks you'll find some modern, pioneering features.
Powered by a Korg and Noritake Itron-designed NuTube, this tiny vacuum tube uses fluorescent display technology to provide that unmistakably pure tube tone and response. But thanks to its forward-thinking design, the NuTube is far more reliable than conventional tubes, and is able to deliver a sound akin to the AC30.
Chimey cleans with plenty of definition are emitted gloriously, especially through the open-back Celestion-powered cabinet. The Mini Super Beetle also features a built-in tremolo circuit driven by the NuTube, giving you a truly authentic and vintage-style effect.
Apart from the tremolo, the Mini Super Beetle boasts a digital reverb too. Convincingly emulating a traditional spring reverb sound, this amplifier gives you some essential effects to expand your palette of tones.
Although it packs 50W of power, the Super Beetle Head sports an external speaker output to allow you to connect to an additional cabinet. Plug it into a 4x12, and you'll certainly push some serious air! Another noteworthy feature is the headphone/line out jack, which lets you practice silently at home and even record directly into a mixer or audio interface.
- An iconic design inherited from the classic stacks that appeared on historic stages
- Traditional VOX AC tones, powered by Nutube, with a maximum output of 50W (at 4Ω)
- An open-backed cabinet equipped with one 10-inch Celestion speaker
- Built-in tremolo effect driven by Nutube
- Built-in digital reverb that simulates a spring reverb
- A classic design that looks just as good as it sounds. A perfect addition to the home of any British
- Rock fan, even as décor
- Speaker output lets you add an extension speaker cabinet such as a 1x12", 2x12" or even a 4x12"
- Headphones/line out jack is perfect for practicing or recording silently at home or on the go
- Input/Output: INPUT, SPEAKER OUTPUT x 2, PHONES/LINE
- Controls: GAIN, TREBLE, BASS, REVERB, TREMOLO, VOLUME, EQ FLAT/DEEP, ECO ON/OFF, Impedance 4/8/16
- Speaker: 1x10" Celestion Custom speaker, Maximum input 50 W RMS 8 ohm
- Valve: Nutube 6P1
- Output Power: Maximum approx. 50 W RMS@4 ohms, 25 W RMS@8 ohms, 12.5 W RMS@16 ohms
- Current Consumption: 3.43 A
- Effects: Digital reverb, Nutube tremolo
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 323 mm x 180 mm x 596 mm /12.7" x 7.09" x 23.5"
- Weight: 8.7kg/19.18 lbs.
- Included Items: AC adapter (DC 19 V), AC cord, Speaker cable