The Orange Rockerverb has been around for just over 10 years now and it is time to give it a reboot. The MkIII Rockerverb takes all the lessons they have learned from the last 10 years of amp making and applies it to their original high gain amplifier to give you the most versatile Orange amplifier yet.
The Rockerverb MkIII is still made with the heavy player in mind that needs something with a lot of punch to fill out a large stage. However you are not always playing to a stadium of people and sometimes you don't want to push a 50w head. So now this amplifier now not only has variable wattage meaning you can set the is amp to work at 50w or 30w but it also has an attenuator built in. This attenuator is lifted straight from the thunderverb series so it has been designed to sit after the master volume section. This is great as it means you can still get full on tube saturation but at a much lower volume than you would normally expect.
Updated Clean Channel
One thing we heard a few times about the clean channel on Rockerverbs is that they could be a bit brighter. Well Orange has listened to what you have been saying and now the MkIII comes with a completely revoiced clean channel circuit that offers a brighter and more 'chimey' tone. YOu also get a lot more headroom on the clean channel before it starts to breakup making it a lot more usable at higher volumes.
Valve Spring Reverb
The previous versions of the Rockerverb all had spring reverb units but never quite like this. Powered by a single 12AT7/ECC81 valve this spring reverb unit not only has a much wider range but it also is a lot richer sounding making it more usable for subtle effects. The spring reverb like everything on this amplifier is also footswitchable.
- FEATURES: TWIN CHANNEL CLASS A/B GUITAR AMP HEAD, FOOTSWITCHABLE VALVE DRIVEN REVERB, VALVE BUFFERED EFFECTS LOOP, FOOTSWITCHABLE ATTENUATOR & SELECTABLE OUTPUT WATTAGE.
- TOP PANEL (RIGHT TO LEFT): INPUT, CLEAN CHANNEL: VOLUME, BASS, TREBLE | DIRTY CHANNEL: GAIN, BASS, MID, TREBLE | REVERB, ATTENUATOR | CLEAN/DIRTY SELECTOR, FULL/STANDBY/HALF POWER, MAINS SWITCH
- FINISH OPTIONS: ORANGE OR BLACK BASKET WEAVE VINYL
- OUTPUT POWER: 50 WATTS: FULL POWER
- 25 WATTS: HALF POWER
- SPEAKERS OUTPUTS: 1×16 OHM OR 1 X 8 OHM OR 2 X 16 OHM
- VALVES: PREAMP: 4 X ECC83/12AX7 & 2 X ECC81/12AT7
- POWER AMP: 2 X EL34
- UNBOXED DIMENSIONS (W X H X D): 55 × 27 X 28CM (21.65 X 10.63 X 11.02IN)
- UNBOXED WEIGHT: 20.75KG (45.75LB)