The Katana range has made a name for itself as a winning formula - the ultimate practice amps that are also surprisingly gigable. Widely lauded for their convincing timeless amp tones, affordability and intuitive controls, they were immediately met with critical acclaim. Now it seems that Boss are showing no sign of slowing down, with the unveiling of the latest addition to the Katana family - the truly groundbreaking Katana Air.
The Katana Air is being hailed as the world's first truly wireless guitar amplifier. This doesn't just mean a battery-powered amp with killer guitar sounds - it even comes with a guitar adapter that allows ultra-low latency cable-free jamming.
- Powerful stereo speaker system with full-range sound and up to 30 watts of power (20 watts on battery power)
- Totally wireless guitar amplifier with newly developed Boss technology delivers rock-solid sound with ultra-low latency
- Custom wireless transmitter plugs into any electric guitar and charges while docked in the amp
- Transmitter provides 12 hours of playing time on a single charge, and automatically enters standby mode to conserve the charge when no activity is detected
- Always ready to play, with motion sensing technology in the transmitter that instantly wakes the amp from power-saving standby mode
- Premium tones derived from the Katana stage amplifier series, with five unique amp characters and access to over 50 world-class BOSS effects
- Six onboard memories for storing favorite amp and effects setups
- Edit and organize tones wirelessly with the BOSS Tone Studio app for iOS and Android mobile devices
- Play along with music streamed wirelessly from a mobile device via Bluetooth
- Amplifier powered by eight AA-size batteries or included AC adapter
- Aux in for connecting wired devices, plus headphones/recording out for silent practice and music production
It's true that wireless adapters are more commonly associated with live performance - you may have never considered having one at home. Luckily, the kind folks at Boss have got you covered, offering this functionality as an included bonus with the Katana Air.
Making use of newly developed Boss technology, this goes beyond simply not needing a power socket. The included wireless adapter plugs into any guitar, delivering a pristine, low latency signal that gives you the freedom to enjoy wicked guitar tones anytime and anywhere with up to 12 hours of playing time.
Not only that, but the wireless transmitter has a built-in motion sensor - it turns the amp on as soon as movement is detected. This allows you to leave it plugged in when the amp isn't in use, so the minute creativity strikes, you can pick up your guitar and be in full swing immediately. The amp will then return to standby mode to reserve power when idle - saving you the time and hassle. To re-charge the transmitter, simply place it onto the dock that's attached to the amp and it'll be ready in no time.
As with the rest of the Katana range, the Air boasts premium sounds that are guaranteed to suit any style. Whether you're after country twang, seismic metal riffage, or any of the vast in-between, it's got you covered.
Five uniquely versatile amp characters cover a huge tonal palette. On top of this, you have access to over 50 Boss effects from modulation to delay, each of which is optimised to work with the Katana's powerful stereo speaker system, so you'll be able to harness the full potential of the Boss FX selection.
You also have six user presets at your disposal, allowing you to save your favourite sounds and effects and recall them instantly with ease. You can also make use of the new Boss Tone Studio App for iOS and Android, allowing you to tweak your sounds to the finest detail while on the move - then you can connect your device via bluetooth and your tone is pre-dialed.