Friedman ASM-10 Active FRFR Cab
This item is out of stock. We can special order this item from our supplier.
to order online today
at our Guildford Store
FREE UK Delivery
Earn 959 Loyalty Points
Click and Collect
Friedman are known for creating high quality analogue valve amplifiers for rock players across the world. They may not be the first name you think of when it comes to FRFR cabs to match with your digital modeller. But after being left uninspired by the alternatives today they decided to create an FRFR cabinet that kept the sound of your digital unit and made it usable live while still having the response of a real valve amplifier. The ASM-10 may just be one of the best FRFR style speakers available to guitarists today.
2 Way Design
Unlike a guitar cabinet which can colour the sound of your amp, the goal here was for it to be as flat as possible so you get the same sound through front of house and on stage. So when it came to speaker choice they wanted something that would respond like a guitar amp but without any of the colour. The guys at Celestion had them covered though with a 10" speaker featuring a 2.5" voice coil and a PETP Film Compression driver with a 1.75" voice coil. These two drivers sound amazing in tandem and perfectly reproduce that guitar amp feel.
500w BiAmp Power
Because of how valve amplifiers work you don't actually need that much power to get very loud. With solid state bi-amp designs like this however you need a bit more grunt. So with 500w of power you can easily be heard in even large rooms with busy stages. Plus the best point is that because it has its power amp built in you know it is matching
Here's what Friedman say about the ASM-10 FRFR Cab:
The Friedman ASM-10 powered monitor was designed and voiced for use with today's guitar amp modelers and profilers including Fractal Audio Axe-Fx, Kemper Profiler, Line 6 HD Series and others. The ASM-10 delivers rich authentic tones, allowing you get the most out of these systems in live use and playback applications
The ASM-10 features a Celestion 10 loudspeaker with a 2.5 edge wound voce coil and a premium Celestion high frequency compression driver. At the heart of the ASM-10 is a robust 500w Bi-Amp Class-G amplifier that is anything but digital. This proprietary amplifier design delivers rich, full tone and a wide frequency response making it suited for backline, stage monitoring or even as your main PA speaker.
Key features include: Bi-Amp power module with high efficiency Class G low frequency amplification with a high current output stage and custom signal processing; clip/limit, thermal, and short circuit protection; line level output for linking multiple speakers ; optimized acoustic designs using a PETP film compression driver diaphragm; heat vented low frequency drivers; and a hand crafted in the USA, sturdy Baltic birch construction. Controls include level knob, low-cut filter switch, ground lift and power switches. The ASM-10 was designed to operate on the floor as a stage monitor or to be pole mounted on a 1 1/2 diameter speaker stand.
The Friedman ASM-10 powered loudspeaker was designed using advanced acoustic and audio techniques with premium components, comprehensive protection circuitry, and robust construction to provide years of consistent, reliable performance.
- Configuration: 10" 2-Way Active Stage Monitor for use with modelers/profilers
- Assembly: Made in USA using premium worldwide components
- Low Frequency Transducer: Celestion - 10" speaker with 2.5" edge wound voice coil
- High Frequency Transducer: Celestion PETP film compression driver with 1.75" voice coil
- Frequency Range: 50Hz - 20kHz
- Frequency Response: 58Hz -18kHz
- High Frequency Dispersion: 75 degrees conical
- Maximum peak SPL: 129dB
- Power Output: LF: 270Wrms Class G / HF: 80Wrms Class AB+B
- Maximum total burst power*: 500W
- Input Impedance: 20k Ohm Balanced / 10k Ohm Unbalanced
- Electronic Crossover: 4th order
- Low Cut Filer (switchable): 3rd order Butterworth @ 100Hz
- Controls: Level knob , Low-cut filter switch, Ground lift switch
- Power switch, AC fuse, 115/230V switch Indicators Power Power, Protect, Limit, Signal
- Cooling: Convection
- Amplifier Protection: Short circuit, Clip-limiter, Overheat mute
- SOA output stage, Driver DC protection
- Subsonic filter, Turn-on mute and soft ramp
- Turn-on inrush current limiting
- Power Consumption @: 1.7A/0.85A 115Vac/230Vac
- (1/8 power pink noise): 150VA
- Connectors: Balanced female XLR input / Balanced male XLR link output
- Input Sensitivity **: 775mV (0dBu)
- Enclosure: Black Warnex painted, Baltic birch plywood construction
- Hardware: Strap handle, Rubber feet / Rubber Strips
- Pole mounting cup, Detachable black grille
- Dimensions: 26.5" H x 16.5" W x 16" D
- Weight: 52 lbs.
- Made in the USA
Earn loyalty points whenever you shop at Andertons. Points can be earned and used online, in store or over the phone: earn and use points however you choose to shop! No need to sign up - points are added automatically when you make a purchase! The more you shop, the more you save, so start earning points now!
What are points worth?
One point is worth a 1p discount, and there's no limit on the number of points used per purchase! For example, if you have 1000 points, you can redeem them for a £10 discount on any purchase.
How many points will I earn when I shop?
We display the number of points available for a product on the product's page on our website. Normally we'll give you one point for every pound you spend, but watch out for double and triple points deals for even more savings!
Here at Andertons Music Co. we believe that we stock some of the best musical equipment in the world. That's why we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for you to get your order, safe and sound!
We offer a wide range of delivery options to help fit around your busy lifestyle without compromise. This includes free, named-day delivery for most UK postcodes on orders over £99 which are in stock, Saturday & Sunday deliveries, and competitive delivery rates worldwide.
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
You can find full details about the services we offer, including details on our international delivery charges, on our main delivery page. Click here to read more.
Select deposit amount
0% = £0.00
- Total Cash Price
- Amount of Credit
- Duration of Agreement
- 0 Months
- 0 Monthly Repayments
- Cost of Credit
- APR Representative
- Annual Rate of Interest
- Settlement Fee
- Total Amount Payable