The CabClone was developed with the intention of creating a new standard for guitar cabinet simulator performance. Built for professional, gigging and home guitarists, this handy piece of kit manages to capture amplified guitar sound (with excellent audio quality) without requiring access to a cab or microphone.
Affordable, Convenient Alternative
Mesa Boogie haven’t produced a replacement for your tube amp/cab combination; instead, they’ve engineered a convenient and affordable alternative. Storing and collecting cabs (to suit different tones) can be difficult and expensive. The CabClone offers a scope of sounds, – 8 IR cab simulations -, portability and ease of use that can’t easily be replicated using traditional means. Worrying about mic placement and bleed issues are now a thing of the past!
The various IR cabinet simulations have been recorded by a professional audio engineer, in a leading studio using industry standard microphones. You can swap between the 8 cab sims (found in two banks), with each boasting two variations. This results in a total of 16 tonally consistent and exciting sounds. Having access to such a contrasting selection of tones makes the CabClone a powerful addition to your guitar arsenal.
Output directly into an interface or a console for simple recording or live playing. You can even output straight to headphones, allowing for silent, yet highly creative practice sessions.
The IR Plus features an onboard power attenuator that allows you to use the best power window and achieve the best possible sound. It gives you a tool that covers your DI feed to front of house/recording equipment, offering improved control over your volume/matching the power feel and clip to your preamp sounds.
- 8 Ohm Impedance.
- Includes 8 IR cabinet simulations captured in two different ways (16 total sounds).
- Storage library ensures you can save and recall your favourite IRs using the available preset locations.
- Output directly into a console/interface for recording and live playing.
- Output straight to headphones, allowing for silent practice.
- MIDI control – Match cabinet simulation and presets/cab to gain or OD level with amp sounds. This allows you to trigger different tones for your clean or crunch sounds etc.
- Built-In attenuator – use your preferred power level to gain the best sound.
- Warning LED – alerts you if a no-load scenario occurs.
- 4x12 RECTO STANDARD with Celestion V30s
- 4X12 RECTO TRADITIONAL with Celestion V30s
- 2X12 RECTO HORIZONTAL with Celestion V30s
- 1X12 RECTO 1X12 with Celestion C90
- 1X12 THIELE with Celestion C90
- 2X12 LONE STAR with Celestion C90
- 1X12 LONE STAR 23 with Celestion C90
- 1X12 CALIFORNIA TWEED 23 with Jensen Alnico “Blackbird”
- Included 18V DC Power Supply
- 150W Max Power Handling
- Ground Lift & Polarity Switch
- MIDI In
- MIDI Thru
- USB Type B
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4"
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4" (Hi-Z/Line), 1 x 1/4" (Powered Signal In)
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4" (to a speaker), 1 x 1/4" (Dry Line Out), 1 x XLR (DI Output)