The Gretsch G5420T Electromatic is a stunning hollowbody that tips its hat to the legendary singlecut Gretsch guitars of old. Featuring a premium hollowbody construction, the G5420T has a beautifully resonant tone that screams classic Gretsch, due in part to the Black Top Filter'Tron pickups too, which are based on a vintage Baldwin era pickup.
When you have a classic, popular model like the G5420T, it's hard to improve on what you have. Gretsch have managed it though with a handful of updates. First and foremost there's the treble bleed on the master volume, 4-ply binding on the body and a rebound headstock. Simply put, it looks and sounds stunning!
Here's what Gretsch says about the G5420T Electromatic Hollowbody:
No nonsense, Electromatic® hollow-body guitars are the perfect real, pure and powerful Gretsch® instruments. They’re your next-step Gretsch—bold, dynamic and articulate, and crafted with essential Gretsch sound, style and playability.
Alive and resonant, the G5420T Electromatic Hollow Body Single-Cut with Bigsby® has fully hollow build with a true Filter’Tron™ voice that explodes with huge punch and clear, strong presence. Like all Electromatic guitars, it delivers the fearless and electrifying authenticity that has set Gretsch apart as the quintessential rock ‘n’ roll guitars from the very beginning. It’s the sound of honor itself—play proud.
Premium features include dual Black Top Filter’Tron humbucking pickups, versatile upgraded controls including master volume treble bleed circuit, oversized bound “F” holes and aged multi-ply body binding, smaller late-’50s G6120 bound headstock, Graph Tech® NuBone™ nut, pearloid Neo-Classic™ thumbnail fingerboard inlays and a Bigsby® B60 vibrato tailpiece.
- Collection: Electromatic®
- Body Shape: Electromatic® Hollow Body
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Binding: Aged White with B/W/B Purfling
- Lower Bout: 16” (406 mm)
- Neck: Maple, Standard “U”
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 12” (305 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Neo-Classic™ Thumbnail
- Nut (Material/Width): Graph Tech® NuBone™, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style Open-Back
- Scale Length: 24.6” (625 mm)
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic™ with Secured Rosewood Base
- Tailpiece: Bigsby® B60
- Pickguard: Silver Plexi w/ Black Gretsch® & Electromatic® Logos
- Pickups: Black Top Filter’Tron™ (Bridge), Black Top Filter’Tron™ (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge
- And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. Neck Pickup, Volume 2. Bridge Pickup, Master Volume,
- Master Tone
- Control Knobs: G-Arrow
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .011-.049