It's not often you come across a faithful homage to a mid-20th century parlour acoustic but Gretsch are all about the retro aesthetic. Lucky for us the Gin Rickey electro acoustic has the classic Gretsch feel to match and is packed with lovely little design features to bring the style up to modern standards.
In keeping with the old school look, the Gin Rickey is hooked up with a cool Gretsch Deltoluxe acoustic magnetic soundhole pickup, which produces a crisp throaty voice to compliment finger picking.
The small parlour body makes the Gin Rickey a great acoustic to keep around the house or pack away with you on road trips. Its shorter 24-inch scale length also makes it extremely easy to fret and is ideal for smaller hands or new guitarists. In addition, the "C" shape nato neck is the go-to profile for contemporary playing.
Parlour guitars accompany vocals perfectly. Singer-songwriters will find the Gin Rickey a great acoustic to intertwine their vocals and add to the music, in contrast to a warmer sounding dreadnought or jumbo.
To make up for the lack of size, the Gin Rickey has been constructed using basswood to bump up the resonance and projection of the instrument, similar to mahogany. Classic X bracing both ensures even sound distribution and stability throughout its lifetime.
- Collection: Roots
- Body Shape: Parlor
- Body Top: Basswood
- Back and Sides: Basswood
- Body Finish: Semi-Gloss
- Bracing: X-Bracing
- Upper Bout: 9.63” (244.6 mm)
- Lower Bout: 13.11” (333 mm)
- Waist: 8.25” (210 mm)
- Neck: Nato, “C” Shape
- Rosette: Gold/White Rings
- Neck Finish: Semi-Gloss
- Fingerboard: Walnut
- Frets: 18, Vintage Style
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Scale Length: 24” (610 mm)
Hardware and Electronics
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Open-Gear Die-Cast
- Bridge: Walnut Top-Load with Compensated Saddle
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Aged White with Black “G”
- Special Electronics: Gretsch® Deltoluxe Soundhole Pickup
- Hardware Finish: Nickel
- Strings: D’Addario® EJ16 Phosphor Bronze, Light (.012-.053 Gauges)