Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar at the moment is a tricky experience. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
The Falcon represents the very best of Gretsch's legendary heritage and exquisite guitar craft. This limited edition '62 model is built to precise year specs and features a pair of Ray Butts Ful-Fidelity pickups - wound to the exact personal preferences of the Filter’Tron's original designer.
Made of a maple body and neck combination, the '62 Falcon produces plenty of acoustic resonance and looks the part, to boot. The neck boasts a fantastic ebony fretboard, housing real mother of pearl Neo-Classic inlays in that sumptuous Gretsch style. It has the authentic vintage feel, too, thanks to its standard "U" shape and vintage small frets. The Zero Fret means that when you play the open strings, it still sounds like you're fretting the notes and blends much better with the rest of your playing.
Ray Butts Ful-Fidelity humbuckers are the real deal. Essentially, they're Filter'Trons made exactly how inventor Ray Butts liked them. They feature all the bells and whistles used by Gretsch through the '60s - vintage pole spacing, covers and an original zinc-coated backplate. They have an much airier, dynamic quality to the sound that the standard Filter'Trons don't.
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Upper Bout: 12.125" (308 mm)
- Lower Bout: 17" (432 mm)
- Waist: 10.375" (264 mm)
- Neck: Maple, Standard "U"
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Frets: 22, Vintage Style Small with Zero Fret
- Position Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl Neo-Classic™ Thumbnails
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Grover® Imperial™
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648mm)
- Bridge: Space Control™
- Tailpiece: Bigsby® B6GVT
- Pickguard: Gold Plexi with Gold Gretsch Logo and Falcon Graphic
- Hardware: Gold
- Control Knobs: Jeweled G-Arrow
- Pickups: TV Jones Ray Butts Ful-Fidelity
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.011-.049 Gauges)
- Case/Gig bag: Included: 099-6413-000 Deluxe Case