If you're looking for a bass with unique character, you've come to the right page! The Gretsch bass sound is punchy, full of low end, and given an added vintage twang by this bass' hollow body construction. Add to this Filter'tron pickups and you have a great vintage sounding bass for less than you might expect.
Here's what Gretsch say about the G5440LSB Bass
The G5440LS Electromatic Hollow Body Long-Scale Bass is a stylishly seismic new Gretsch bass guitar armed with two powerful new "Black Top" Filter'Tron bass pickups that endow it with an electrifying deep-end voice and identity.
Its single-cutaway hollow and bound body resonates with full bass tone and balance, and features sound-post bracing and elegant bound f holes. Other features include a maple neck, bound rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets and hump-block pearloid inlays, three-position pickup switch, classic "G" arrow control knobs, rosewood-based four-saddle Adjusto-Matic bridge and "G"-cutout tailpiece. Available in Black and Orange.
- Body Style: Single Cutaway
- Body Depth: 2.75" (70 mm)
- Bracing: Sound Post
- Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck: Maple
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (43 mm)
- Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
- Pickups: "Black Top" Filter'Tron Bridge Pickup
- "Black Top" Filter'Tron Neck Pickup
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and
- Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Tailpiece: "G" Cutout Tailpiece
- Hardware: Chrome-Plated
- Bridge: Rosewood-Based 4-Saddle Adjusto-Matic Bridge
- Tuning Keys: Enclosed Precision Tuners
- Unique Features: Hump-Block Fret Board Inlays, Bound Body Top and Back, Bound
- Sound Holes, Bound Fingerboard, Knurled Strap Retainer Knobs,
- Adjustable Truss Rod