The Gretsch G5420TG-59 Electromatic is a stunning hollowbody instrument, tipping its hat to the legendary singlecut Gretsch guitars of old. This Limited Edition model closely resembles the classic G6120 Chet Atkins Hollow Body from 1959, particularly with its distinctive Vintage Orange finish.
Featuring a premium hollowbody construction, the G5420TG-59 has a beautifully resonant tone that screams classic Gretsch. Powered by a pair of Black Top Filter'Trons, these vintage-voiced pickups ensure an authentic sound that'll truly take you back in time!
The Gretsch G5420TG-59 features an all-Maple construction, ensuring an incredibly bright and vibrant sound that'll sing in a band mix. With its large hollowbody design, this guitar projects plenty of volume even when unplugged, which is translated beautifully through an amplifier too.
The Maple neck has a comfortable standard "U" profile that offers excellent support for your thumb when fretting chords, with the elegant Rosewood fretboard feeling silky smooth under the fingers.
Hardware & Electronics
Many Gretsch guitars feature traditional Bigsby tremolos, and the G5420TG-59 Electromatic is no exception. Fitted with a B60 tailpiece, this tremolo has a gloriously smooth action that'll make gentle warbles sound natural and precise.
At the other end of the instrument, you'll find a high-quality GraphTech NuBone nut. This particular nut is made of a synthetic material that closely resembles bone not just aesthetically, but also tonally. Ensuring optimal sustain and resonance, its low-friction material will allow the strings to glide smoothly over it when using the Bigsby, so that they return to pitch in the resting position.
That signature Gretsch tone is delivered flawlessly via the G5420TG-59's Black Top Filter’Tron pickups. With clear and defined highs, a warm yet sizzling mid-range and focused lows, these pickups sing with both clean and overdriven settings.
- Finish: Vintage Orange
- Body Shape: Electromatic® Hollow Body
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Binding: Aged White with B/W/B Purfling
- Lower Bout: 16” (406 mm)
- Neck: Maple, Standard “U”
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 12” (305 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Thumbnail
- Nut (Material/Width): Graph Tech® NuBone™, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Late '50s "Plain Face"
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style Open-Back
- Scale Length: 24.6” (625 mm)
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic™ with Secured Rosewood Base
- Tailpiece: Bigsby® B60
- Pickguard: Silver Plexi w/ Black Gretsch® & Electromatic® Logos
- Pickups: Black Top Filter’Tron™ (Bridge), Black Top Filter’Tron™ (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. Neck Pickup, Volume 2. Bridge Pickup, Master Volume (w/ Treble Bleed Circuit), Master Tone
- Control Knobs: G-Arrow
- Hardware Finish: Mixed Gold/Chrome
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .011-.049