Left Handed Versions Available
Many of Gibson's USA guitars are available in left-handed configurations. If you're a southpaw who's always dreamed of owning a US-made Gibson, please contact us with any enquiries.
When it was introduced in the 1960s, the Firebird shattered preconceptions of the electric guitar. Inspired by the iconic tailfins and alluring curves of American automobiles of the time, it's earned its place in Rock 'n' Roll history. Gibson have made a number of design tweaks since then, but this remains close to the timeless Firebird formula.
Body & Neck
The body is, naturally, solid Mahogany. As you've come to expect from Gibson solid-bodies, this means luxurious resonance and a hefty low-end emphasis. The curved body shape is as striking as ever, but while it may appear cumbersome, it's surprisingly ergonomic. The Firebird is easy to handle, sitting or standing, making it a very playable instrument - whatever your style.
The neck continues the Mahogany theme for excellent resonance, but is combined with Walnut with a 9-ply build. A familiar 24.75" scale length and Slim Taper profile makes it an easy fit for any player, too.
One of the most notable tweaks in the Gibson range, however, is the return of Rosewood fretboards. Gibson have explored the use of Granadillo, Pau Ferro and other Rosewood substitutes over the years - but nothing compares to the original! Gibson have also taken it back to the old-school with Acrylic Trapezoid inlays - the classic USA offset look.
Pickups & Electronics
A double-barrel combo of mini humbuckers offers the perfect balance between bite and weight. The humbucking design allows for the Mahogany to truly sing, while their smaller size means extra snappiness, clarity and midrange projection.
As per the usual Firebird configuration, two volumes and two tone controls allow plenty of legroom for you to get comfy with your tone.
Next up, they've combined the aluminium stopbar with the Nashville Tune-O-Matic bridge - this is the tried-and-tested Gibson solid-body formula. Understated in look but efficient and hardy in functionality. Aluminium also boasts surprising resonant qualities, so you get even more sustain to boot.
Recent Firebirds have had black pickguards, but this model marks a return to the classic White 3-ply that's right up against the pickups. Combine with Black top-hat knobs and a gnarly Firebird logo, and you've struck Gibson Gold - this thing oozes attitude!
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: 9-ply Mahogany/Walnut
- Neck Profile: Slim Taper, Neck Through Body Construction
- Scale Length: 24.75" / 62.865cm
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" / 304.8mm
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech
- Nut Width: 1.695" / 43.05mm
- End-of-Board Width: 2.26" / 57.4mm
- Inlays: Acrylic Trapezoid
- Finish: Chrome
- Bridge: Aluminium Nashville Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: Aluminium Stopbar
- Tuners: Grover Mini Rotomatics
- Pick Guard: White 3-ply
- Control Knobs: Black Top Hats with Silver Reflector
- Switch Tip: Cream
- Neck Pickup: Firebird Mini Humbucker, Rhythm
- Bridge Pickup: Firebird Mini Humbucker, Lead
- Controls: 2 Volumes, 2 Tones & Toggle Switch
- Strings: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case: Hard Shell Case
- Included Accessories: Includes Gibson Accessory Kit