The ES-339 is one of the most popular guitars in Gibson's ES range. With a small and ergonomic body shape, this model is adored by players that seek that open semi-hollow sound but without the cumbersome size that comes with traditional hollowbody instruments.
One of the signature elements of the ES-339 is its elegant and modestly-sized semi-hollow body. Allowing you to achieve bright and open sounds with plenty of natural acoustic-like volume, the body's 3-ply Maple/Poplar construction delivers plenty of vibrancy and top-end definition.
To add some warmth, the Gibson ES-339's body is paired with a Quarter Sawn Mahogany neck; topped with a Rosewood fingerboard for a silky feel under the fingers. The neck has a comfortable rounded “C” profile, feeling substantial in the hands without being too chunky.
Electronics & Hardware
A double-dose of medium-output MHS II humbucking pickups give this instrument a rounded, warm tone. More responsive to your playing dynamics, these pickups lend themselves to expressive players. Although semi-hollow guitars are more synonymous with clean jazz players, with distortion these humbuckers can sound fairly raunchy and bold; meaning they're not just one trick ponies by any means.
The Gibson USA ES-339 comes installed with an ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic bridge, providing a stable and solid feel under the picking hand. With its simple and accessible design making it easy to adjust your action and intonation, you can easily manipulate your setup on-the-fly. Plated brass saddles give this guitar a more vintage feel and tone, offering great sustain and longevity.
- Back: 3-ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Top: 3-ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Binding: Single-ply Cream
- Neck: Quarter Sawn Mahogany
- Profile: Rounded "C"
- Nut width: 1.687" / 42.84mm
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Scale length: 24.75" / 628.65mm
- Number of frets: 22
- Nut: Bone
- Inlay: Pearloid Dots
- Bridge: ABR-1 with Brass Saddles
- Knobs: Black Top Hats with Silver Reflectors (SC), Gold Top Hats with Gold Reflectors (DN, LCB)
- Tuners: Grover 'Milk Bottle' Rotomatics
- Plating: Nickel
- Neck pickup: MHS II Humbucker Rhythm
- Bridge pickup: MHS II Humbucker Lead
- Controls: MTC Plus : 2 volumes, 2 tones, 1 toggle switch, hand-wired with 500K potentiometers and orange drop capacitors