The ES-339 is one of the most popular guitars in Gibson's ES range. With a small and ergonomic body shape, this model is adored by players that seek that open semi-hollow sound but without the cumbersome size that comes with traditional hollowbody instruments. This particular model is adorned with a stunning Figured Maple top for that premium look, and sports some modern appointments to ensure that contemporary players are catered for.
One of the signature elements of the ES-339 is its elegant and modestly-sized semi-hollow body. Allowing you to achieve bright and open sounds with plenty of natural acoustic-like volume, the body's 3-ply AAA Figured Maple/Poplar construction delivers plenty of vibrancy and top-end definition.
To add some warmth, the Gibson ES-339 Figured's body is paired with a Quarter Sawn Mahogany neck; topped with a Rosewood fingerboard for a silky feel under the fingers. The neck has a comfortable rounded “C” profile, feeling substantial in the hands without being too chunky.
Electronics & Hardware
A double-dose of medium-output MHS II humbucking pickups give this instrument a rounded, warm tone. More responsive to your playing dynamics, these pickups lend themselves to expressive players. Although semi-hollow guitars are more synonymous with clean jazz players, with distortion these humbuckers can sound fairly raunchy and bold; meaning they're not just one trick ponies by any means.
The Gibson USA ES-339 Figured comes installed with an ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic bridge, providing a stable and solid feel under the picking hand. With its simple and accessible design making it easy to adjust your action and intonation, you can easily manipulate your setup on-the-fly. Fitted with Titanium saddles, these offer better sustain, intonation and longevity.
- Back: 3-ply AAA Figured Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Top: 3-ply AAA Figured Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Binding: Single-ply Cream
- Neck: Quarter Sawn Mahogany
- Profile: Rounded "C"
- Nut width: 1.687" / 42.84mm
- Fingerboard: Dark Rosewood
- Scale length: 24.75" / 628.65mm
- Number of frets: 22
- Nut: Bone
- Inlay: Pearloid Small Block
- Bridge: ABR-1 with Titanium Saddles
- Tailpiece: Aluminum Stopbar with Locking Studs
- Knobs: Black Top Hats with Silver Reectors (SB, SC, BB), Gold Top Hats with Gold Reectors (DN, GB), Amber Top Hats (HC)
- Tuners: Grover 'Milk Bottle' Rotomatics
- Plating: Nickel
- Neck pickup: MHS II Humbucker Rhythm
- Bridge pickup: MHS II Humbucker Lead
- Controls: MTC Premiere : 2 volumes, 2 tones, 1 toggle switch, hand-wired with matched 550K potentiometers and orange drop capacitors