The ES-335 model is one of the most recognisable in Gibson’s iconic instrument range. Considered by many as the quintessential semi-hollow guitar, this particular model is adorned with a stunning Figured Maple top for that premium look. Typically, the ES-335 appeals to traditional players, but with its contemporary colour finish and modern appointments; we think the USA ES-335 Figured will be seen in the hands of many current musicians too.
The ES-335 is regarded for its elegant semi-hollow body, which allows you to achieve bright and open sounds with plenty of natural acoustic-like volume. Formed from a 3-ply AAA Figured Maple/Poplar combination, these tonewoods give this guitar plenty of vibrancy and top-end definition.
To add some warmth, the ES-335's body is paired with a Quarter Sawn Mahogany neck; topped with a Rosewood fingerboard for a silky feel under the fingers.. The neck has a comfortable rounded “C” profile, feeling substantial in the hands without being too chunky or cumbersome. The ES-335 Figured's rolled binding also offers a smoother feel, with a sleek transition between the side of the neck and the fretboard.
Electronics & Hardware
A double-dose of medium-output MHS II humbucking pickups give this instrument a rounded, warm tone. More responsive to your playing dynamics, these pickups lend themselves to expressive players. Although semi-hollow guitars are more synonymous with clean jazz players, with distortion these humbuckers can sound fairly raunchy and bold; meaning they're not just one trick ponies by any means.
The Gibson USA ES-335 Figured comes installed with an ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic bridge, providing a stable and solid feel under the picking hand. With its simple and accessible design making it easy to adjust your action and intonation, you can easily manipulate your setup on-the-fly. Fitted with Titanium saddles, these offer better sustain, intonation and longevity.
- Shape: ES
- Back: 3-ply AAA Figured Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Top: 3-ply AAA Figured Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Binding: Single-ply Cream
- Neck: Quarter Sawn Mahogany
- Prole: Rounded "C", Rolled Binding
- Nut width: 1.687" / 42.85mm
- Fingerboard: Dark Rosewood
- Scale length: 24.75" / 628.65mm
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlay: Pearloid Small Block
- Bridge: ABR-1 with Titanium Saddles
- Tailpiece: Locking Aluminum Stopbar
- Tuners: Grover 'Milk Bottle' Rotomatics
- Plating: Nickel
- Neck pickup: MHS II Humbucker Rhythm
- Bridge pickup: MHS II Humbucker Lead
- Controls: MTC Premiere : 2 volumes, 2 tones, 1 toggle switch, hand-wired with matched 550K potentiometers and orange drop capacitors