Jimi Hendrix is regarded by many as the greatest rock guitarist of all time. Just over 50 years since his untimely passing, Gibson has paid tribute to the iconic Seattle-born musician with a Custom Shop replica of his legendary 1967 SG Custom - the instrument that Jimi famously played on The Dick Cavett Show in 1969.
A Custom Shop Recreation
Limited to just 150 pieces worldwide, the 1967 Jimi Hendrix SG Custom is a real collector's piece. Crafted by Gibson's Custom Shop division in Nashville, this model is built with incredible attention-to-detail and represents the absolute pinnacle of electric guitar craftsmanship and quality. It notably boasts a 'Murphy Lab' aged finish with artificially-worn gold hardware; capturing the well-played look of a genuine toured instrument.
Featuring period-correct hardware appointments and specs, the Gibson Custom Shop 1967 Hendrix SG Custom is a nostalgic time-capsule guitar that will instantly take you back to the golden era of psychedelic rock! Equipped with a trio of Gibson's '68 Custom Humbuckers, these help to harness Jimi's later sound, while a Maestro Long Vibrola tailpiece completes the compelling vintage vibe.
A '60s SlimTaper neck profile with a 12"-radius Ebony fingerboard offers a slick feel, which comes fitted with 22 'Reissue' frets and elegant 'Custom Block' inlays. Kluson waffle-back tuning machines with tasteful tulip pegs add further quaint charm to this amazing, reimagined instrument that's perfect for hardcore Hendrix fans.
Plenty of Case Candy!
The Gibson Jimi Hendrix 1967 SG Custom comes with a 'J. H. EXP.' hard case that provides apt protection for this high-end, Custom Shop creation. Case candy includes a Hendrix-branded truss rod cover, certificate of authenticity, 5 Hendrix picks and a limited edition 5" x 7" archival print of Jimi Hendrix - courtesy of Kramer Archives and signed by Jimi's legendary engineer/producer Eddie Kramer.
- Body Shape: SG Custom
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Finish: Murphy Lab Aged
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: '60s SlimTaper
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets: Reissue
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- Inlays: Custom Block
- Joint: Set Neck, Long Tenon
- Finish: Aged Gold
- Tuner Plating: Aged Gold
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Saddle Material: Nylon
- Tailpiece: Maestro Long Vibrola
- Tuning Machines: Kluson Waffle Back, Metal Tulip Buttons
- Pickguard: 3-Ply White/Black/White '67 Custom "Batwing"
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-Ply Engraved "Custom"; Second Hendrix-Branded Cover Included in the Case
- Control Knobs: Black Witch Hats with Gold Inserts
- Switch Tip: Cream
- Switch Washer: Black
- Control Covers: White
- Strap Buttons: Brass
- Pickup Covers: True Historic Aged Gold
- Neck Pickup: '68 Custom Humbucker
- Middle Pickup: '68 Custom Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: '68 Custom Humbucker
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone; 500k CTS Potentiometers, Ceramic Capacitors
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Switchcraft
- Output Jack: 1/4" Switchcraft
- Strings: 10-46
- Case: Jimi Hendrix SG Case
- Accessories: Hendrix-Branded Truss Rod Cover, Certificate of Authenticity, 5 Hendrix Picks, Limited Edition 5" x 7" Archival Print of Jimi Hendrix Courtesy of Kramer Archives, Signed by Engineer/Producer Eddie Kramer