Gibson 2019 Montana Acoustic Guitars
While Gibson are known the world over for their iconic electric guitars, their acoustics have undoubtedly left a lasting impression on the music world. For 2019, they've gone all-out with variety while staying true to the iconic design that gave them their reputation!
Gibson’s acoustic range takes its name from their manufacturing facility in Bozeman, Montana. These incredible handmade instruments offer distinct, timeless tones with instantly recognisable aesthetics to match. For the 2019 range, Gibson have stayed close to their winning formula with the Montana models; minor tweaks for modern players without compromising what makes them classics. A Gibson Montana guitar is for life, and Gibson intend to keep it that way!
Gibson 2019 Acoustics – What’s New?
For 2019, Gibson have expanded the reach of their Montana range. While configuration tweaks focus on the subtle details, the guitars themselves have stuck to a familiar design – but there’s plenty more variety to choose from! So what is the difference between Gibson’s 2018 & 2019 acoustics? Here are some highlights:
- Variety of Woods – many of Gibson’s acoustics have relied on familiar tonewood combinations over the years. For 2019, they’ve pushed the boat out, offering Mahogany, Walnut and Rosewood variations on a number of models. Not only does this provide some alternative looks – it makes for a fresh tonal palette too.
- Rosewood & Richlite Fretboards – one of the most notable changes in the 2019 range is the materials used for fretboards. As with their new solid-body and semi-hollow offerings, many of the Montana models feature Rosewood fretboards again. In total contrast, Richlite seems to be making a few more appearances. This divisive material is tonally neutral, but is extremely consistent and durable, so you don’t need to worry about imperfections or ageing.
- Bridge Designs – apart from a few exceptions, Gibson seem to have opted for their traditional belly-up bridge design for the 2019 releases. In keeping with the fretboard changes, the vast majority of these new bridges are made of either Rosewood or Richlite, depending on the model.
- Winning Formula – last year’s range (Gibson 2018) saw the company take a different direction in a number of ways. They introduced the AG (Avant-Garde) range as a replacement for the HP (High Performance) guitars, with tweaked materials and optimised designs. This year, they’ve kept it stripped back, emphasising the things that worked and adjusting the things that didn’t. The return of Rosewood will be a popular move, but the fact that they’ve kept it simple with the classic designs (like the SJ-200 and J-45) shows that they know their market.
- Left-handed versions – Gibson have always catered for the left-handed market. From what we can see for 2019 so far, it seems as though they intend to keep this up. Almost all of the project 2019 Montana acoustics have left handed options available for order!
- Chroma - maple backs, sides and necks, with Richlite fretboards, LR Baggs electronics and vibrant finishes. This represents a break from tradition for Gibson, but results in some pretty jaw-dropping instruments!
- Sustainable - these variants on three key models (Hummingbird, J-45 & L-00) use Richlite and Walnut sparingly to preserve signature Montana tone and playability while reducing the toll on the environment. Sustainability is a big topic in the instrument world, so Gibson have wisely taken steps to play their part in sustainability.
- Humbucker AG - these J-45 models are pretty much exactly how they sound. Take a J-45 and add AG specs, and whack a humbucker next to the neck joint. This is arguably one of the boldest models in their entire 2019 range, but how does it sound? Only time will tell!
Gibson 2019 Acoustics – The Full Range
We’ve taken a look at the highlighted models – the essentials, the bold moves, the fresh takes – now let’s look at the full range. There’s plenty of variety on offer, so you’re bound to find something you like!
Why buy Gibson 2019 from Andertons Music Co?
As one of the giants within the industry, Gibson guitars are sold worldwide by an almost countless amount of retailers. But here at Andertons, we try to go above and beyond what our competitors offer, so that you’ll feel more confident and assured about making your purchase.
We are number #1, literally!
Andertons Music Co. won NAMM’s prestigious ‘Dealer of the Year’ Award at its summer event in 2018. As the only company in Europe to feature on its Top 100 list in 2017, we went one better for 2018 and became the first ever non-US retailer to top the list in NAMM’s 117 year history!
While also picking up the ‘Best Online Engagement’ award too, these milestones reflect our passion for music and the class-leading customer service that we provide. If you’re keen to purchase a Gibson 2019 guitar, we strongly believe that we are the best store in the world to buy from.
Below, you’ll discover why the service that we offer puts us one step ahead of the others…
In-house Quality Control
Gibson does a fine job at setting up their guitars from their Nashville factory. However, unavoidably these instruments are transported for thousands of miles in containers and vehicles, in order to reach retailers. This means that the varying conditions and climates that they endure can undo this hard work, affecting their neck woods and action/intonation.
That is why we QC every single US-made Gibson before it reaches your hands. By undergoing this methodical and attentive process, no 2019 Gibson will get to you unless it is perfectly setup and free of flaws.
Pick your favourite!
Most high-end guitars in stock at Andertons Music Co. are individually photographed in-house and made displayable on our website. This includes the majority of Gibson USA 2019 guitars over £1500.
We do this to not only give you a first-hand look at your next potential purchase, but to also let you compare different tops and wood grains. You can therefore identify and pick your favourite, in just a few clicks!
0% Interest-Free Finance Options
A Gibson guitar can be a big investment, and the prospect of dropping several hundreds or thousands of pounds in one go can be quite daunting. But don’t fret, as at Andertons Music Co. we offer multiple finance options to you, so that you can spread the cost of your Gibson over several months!
With 9 months 0% finance available on all Gibson USA 2019 instruments, you can even get up to 24 and 36 months 0% finance on some of the pricier models too. View our finance page for more details, or contact us if you have any questions.
In-Depth Video Reviews
In mid-2018, viewing figures on the Andertons TV YouTube channel surpassed 100 million, while our subscriber count exceeded the 400,000 mark! There’s a reason why the majority of the online guitar community chooses to watch Andertons TV; your source for unbiased reviews and demos of your favourite gear.
With Gibson’s annual launch of their updated line, our coverage goes above and beyond that of our competitors. Doing our utmost to get our hands on every single guitar in the USA range, and of course the Memphis and Montana models too, we give you an in-depth look at most of the 2019 catalogue.
Tonnes of stock!
Andertons has a great relationship with Gibson, and we ensure that we always have loads of their guitars in stock and on hand for our customers to try out in-store, or to purchase through our online shop.