'Caribbean Rosewood' Fretboard
This G&L model may feature a Metopium Brownei fretboard, which is often referred to as 'Caribbean Rosewood'. Despite its common name, Caribbean Rosewood is not a Dalbergia family species, and therefore it isn't CITES restricted. For more information about CITES, check out our dedicated guide.
When Leo Fender launched the G&L L-2000 bass in 1980, it was clear he was ready to make history all over again. Never before had such a wide range of tones come from a single bass, and today the L-2500 packs all the features of the latest L-2000 into a 5-string.
Like its L-2000 brother, the foundation of the L-2500 is a pair of G&L Magnetic Field Design humbuckers backed by the flexible Tri-Tone control system, providing the sort of versatility that’ll let you find your tone no matter what kind of bass line you’re laying down.
The Tri-Tone system features a trio of mini toggles for pickup selection, series/parallel signal routing and active/passive operation, as well as a trio of knobs for volume, treble and bass. With all that under the hood, the L-2500 brings the kind of chops that’ll fit in any situation, from classic R&B to power-packed rock to poppin’ funk.
What’s more, the L-2500 features an innovative Leo Fender-designed Saddle-Lock™ bridge to transfer string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument.
The Tribute Series L-2500 delivers the magic of Leo’s revolutionary design at a price attainable for every working musician. Once you play a G&L Tribute Series, you’ll never look back.
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 34"
- PICKUPS: Two Leo Fender-designed G&L MFD humbucking pickups made in Fullerton, California
- BODY WOOD: Swamp Ash
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple Rosewood fingerboard
- NECK WIDTH AT NUT: 1 3/4"
- NECK RADIUS: 12"
- NECK PROFILE: medium C
- FRETS: 21 medium jumbo, nickel
- TUNING KEYS: Traditional open-back
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lock
- ELECTRONICS: Tri-Tone system with 3-position pickup selector, series/parallel switch, 3-position pre-amp mode switch, volume, treble, bass