G&L Tribute Series ASAT Classic in Tobacco SunburstMaple Fingerboard, G&L MFD Single Coil Pickups
The G&L ASAT Classic is a T-shaped guitar with modern attitude and bite! It's got the twangy bridge pickup that you'd use for rhythm and cutting lead lines and a clear, warm sounding neck pickup. The maple neck gives you the brightness to take on music styles as diverse as Blues to Indie and pop.
The bridge pickup is an MFD (magnetic field design) single coil pickup which uses a ceramic bar over a magnet instead of the traditional Alnico magnet. This allows you to set the pickup output per string rather than affecting the while pickup in traditional single coil designs.
The neck feels comfortable in the hand and the medium jumbo frets make this guitar play like a modern instrument with a classic sound.
G&L guitars were formed in the late 70s by Leo Fender, George Fullerton and Dale Hyatt after Leo Fender had produced instruments for Music Man.
These guitars well-built instruments with the classic vibe and sound that you'd expect from any guitar designed by Leo Fender. Ths includes innovations like:
- MFD Pickup - This pickup uses a ceramic bar over a magnet rather than a traditional Alnico magnet. This is so that you can set the output of each string rather than the overall volume like you would with traditional singlecoils.
- G&L Saddle-Lock bridge - This is the use of a small Allen screw on the side of the bridge to remove side-to-side movement of the string saddles. By keeping the locking saddles together, you'll prevent loss of sustain.
Here's what G & L say about the ASAT Classic
The G&L ASAT Classic is Leo’s final word on the traditional single-cutaway bolt-on axe. Framed in a classic boxed-steel bridge, the single-coil Magnetic Field Design bridge pickup created by Leo Fender† delivers crisp attack with complex harmonics while individual brass saddles offer modern levels of intonation refinement. Flip to the single-coil MFD neck pickup and you’ll discover a delectably rich tonal palette, from round clean jazz tones to thick, gritty blues. Put ‘em together and you’ll find a whole ‘nother level of heaven.
The Tribute® Series ASAT Classic is dripping with Leo mojo at a price attainable for every working musician. Once you play a G&L Tribute Series, you’ll never look back.
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 25 1/2"
- PICKUPS: Leo Fender-designed G&L MFD™ single coils made in Fullerton, California
- BODY WOOD: Swamp Ash on translucent and burst finishes, Basswood on solid finishes
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Maple board
- NECK WIDTH AT NUT: 1 5/8"
- NECK RADIUS: 9"
- NECK PROFILE: medium C
- FRETS: 22 medium jumbo, nickel
- TUNING KEYS: 18:1 ratio, sealed-back
- BRIDGE: traditional boxed-steel bridge with individual brass saddles
- CONTROLS: 3-position pickup selector, volume, tone
4 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Tuesday, 22 January 2019
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
1 in stock at our Guildford store
- This item may be our display / demo model.
- Please call to check the condition of this item.
- We can transfer new & boxed items from our warehouse to our store in 30-40 minutes.
3 in stock at our Guildford warehouse
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery