G&L Tribute S-500 in Sonic BlueFender-Designed MFD Pickups, Dual Fulcrum Vibrato
'Caribbean Rosewood' Fretboard
This G&L model may feature a Metopium Brownei fretboard, which is often referred to as 'Caribbean Rosewood'. Despite its common name, Caribbean Rosewood is not a Dalbergia family species, and therefore it isn't CITES restricted. For more information about CITES, check out our dedicated guide.
Leo Fender once said his G&L guitars were the best he ever made. Now you can get his swansong innovations packed into the affordable Tribute S-500 series.
The S-500 is a combination of modern playability and classic design. You’ll get a legendary shape, setup and sound with unwavering reliability and feel.
The Tribute line of guitars house great features usually found on G&L’s Californian-made series. It’s equipped with their Dual-Fulcrum vibrato design for super smooth comfort and movement. While the saddle lock bridge holds great tuning retention. It also transfers more resonance into the body for a greater playing experience.
Leo created the Magnetic Field Design pickups specifically for the S-500 in 1982. These single coils provide a surprisingly punchy midrange, tighter low end and sparkly highs. So if you want to roll with a modern tone, the S-500 can handle what you throw at it.
There are two tone controls and one volume so there’s plenty of variation to work with. Roll off on the tone knobs to get a 50’s or 60’s vibe. Crank it and the you’ll have a startlingly powerful sound.
Body and neck
The S-500 is made of a rich Mahogany body covered in a retro glossy finish. The neck is made of a crisp, bright hard-rock Maple, with a modern C shape for super easy playability. It’s topped with a beautifully dark Brazilian Cherry fretboard.
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 25 1/2"
- PICKUPS: Leo Fender-designed G&L MFD single coils made in Fullerton, California
- BODY WOOD: Mahogany
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Maple or Brazilian Cherry fingerboard
- NECK WIDTH AT NUT: 1 5/8"
- NECK RADIUS: 12"
- NECK PROFILE: medium C
- FRETS: 22 medium jumbo, nickel
- TUNING KEYS: 18:1 ratio, sealed-back
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Dual-Fulcrum vibrato
- CONTROLS: 5-position pickup selector, volume, treble, bass (PTB™ system), push/pull expander on treble pot enabling additional pickup combinations of neck+bridge or all three pickups together.
Next Delivery Due: Friday, 22 February 2019
Not currently in stock. We have ordered stock of this item.
- Order now & we will ship to you as soon as we receive stock.
More Stock Arriving Soon
- Estimated arrival date: Friday, 22 February 2019
- Please note this date is subject to change
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery