The G&L Fullerton Deluxe Doheny is like the ultimate American-made JM style guitar. It's got the retro look that you'd expect but with some serious upgrades under the hood that make this guitar super reliable in terms of tuning stability and intonation.
Made for playability
The Deluxe Doheny has got the Leo Fender-designed Dual-Fulcrum Tremolo which allows bending up or down with fantastic stability. It has the G&L Modern Classic radius of 9.5" giving the guitar a natural feel in your hand and bending and playing on the upper strings is easier than a vintage radius.
The jumbo frets feel great when bending the strings and the 25.5" scale length will feel familiar for this type of guitar.
The Humbuckers are both versatile and will kick out some serious tones when cranked but have also got the PTB system which allows you to roll off the Bass output of your pickups. This is great with vintage fuzz pedals which work better with a clear mid-range signal. Or if you just want to clean up your tone using the guitar rather than turning off your drive pedals or changing amp channel.
Here's what G&L says about the Fullerton Deluxe Doheny:
The Fullerton Deluxe Doheny HH delivers classic covered bucker tones kicked up a notch with pairing of a G&L AS4255C in the neck position and AW4368C at the bridge.
That’s ASAT Deluxe territory, but Doheny HH adds G&L’s PTB system which allows bass roll-off, a big advantage in high gain situations like cranked fuzz pedals. Plus the push/pull coil tap serves up convincing single coil tones that further expand the potential of this versatile axe.
The Fullerton Deluxe Doheny HH features a Leo Fender-designed Dual-Fulcrum vibrato, a work of engineering art which allows bending up or down with unsurpassed stability, while offering a silky feel through its beefy aluminum vibrato arm.
- Construction: bolt-on
- Scale length: 25 1/2"
- Body wood: Okoume
- Neck wood: Hard-Rock Maple with Caribbean Rosewood fingerboard
- Neck profile: G&L Modern Classic with 9 1/2" radius and 1 11/16" nut-width
- Nut: 100% natural bone
- Frets: 22 medium jumbo, nickel, Plek dressed
- Tuning keys: 12:1 ratio, sealed-back
- Bridge: Leo Fender-designed G&L Dual-Fulcrum™ vibrato with forged brass saddles
- Pickups: G&L AS4255 in neck position; AW4368C in bridge position
- Controls: 3-position pickup selector, volume, treble, bass (PTB™ system), push/pull coil tap for both pickups
- Case: Deluxe Tolex hardshell