Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface - 2nd Generation
The Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is a 2 in 2 out interface that has become a favourite choice for the budding music producers, or as a quality portable recording device thanks to it's "affordable yet reliable" ethos. With high quality mic pres and exceptional A/D and D/A converters in a compact package, the Scarlett 2i2 offers high quality audio over USB at a very attractive price. Furthermore, the Scarlett interfaces are designed to be easy to use and look great in your studio.
The 2i2 is the perfect choice for guitarists that want to start recording and only need a few inputs. Compact and easy to use, The scarletts also come with a software package that's perfect for those starting out.
When redesigning the Scarletts, the instrument input has been redesigned to cater for hot sources like guitar amps, and an ultra low latency means that you can track your guitars using software amp simulation and virtual stompboxes without hearing a massive audible delay.
2nd Generation Upgrades
Now in its second generation, the Focusrite Scarlett range has had some great upgrades that offer even more value to the customer. Here's a quick list of what's new for Version 2!
- Up to 24 bit/192 kHz Sample rates
- Low latency 2.74ms
- A smoother, and more even gain structure
- instrument input redesigned for hot pickups
- Analogue protection circuitry to stop power surges
- New metal gain controls
- An Even sleeker chassis!
- Focusrite Control – for 6i6 and higher
- Redesigned headphones and microphones for studio packs
- Updated Free Software Package
Here's what Focusrite say about the 2i2 MK2
Sound just like you
With Scarlett 2i2 your recordings will sound just how you want them. Two combination inputs with natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps, line level inputs and newly-designed instrument inputs let you record anything you want. Even seriously hot guitar pick-ups. Two 1/4 inch balanced jack outputs let you connect to professional studio monitors, turn up the volume and totally immerse yourself in sound.
New Generation - Better in every way
The second generation Scarlett range is packed full of upgrades. New super-low latency* will bring confidence to your performance, letting you record and monitor with software effects in real time. New metal gain controls and a sleeker red metal chassis underscore its improved industrial design, built to go anywhere. The Scarlett range also now operates at sample rates all the way up to 192kHz, and the input channels have evolved too. The latest Scarlett mic preamp features a more even gain structure, so you can accurately set your levels, and the instrument input has also been completely redesigned so it can handle seriously hot guitar pick-ups. Finally, Focusrite have provided analogue protection circuitry across both the inputs and the outputs, to guard your interface against unwanted power surges.
Ready to record anywhere
Compact and portable enough to take anywhere, you won't even need a power supply; Scarlett 2i2 is connected and powered by a single USB cable. It also comes with the software and effects you need to start recording; an exclusive version of Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack (featuring 12 additional plug-ins including the Eleven Lite for real life guitar amp emulations), Ableton Live Lite, the Softube Time and Tone Bundle, Focusrite's Red Plug-In Suite, 2GB of Loopmasters samples and more.
• Two natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps with plenty of even gain
• Two newly-designed instrument inputs, designed for seriously hot hottest pick-ups
• Class-leading conversion and sample rates up to 192kHz / 24 bit
• One headphones output with gain control
• Super-low latency* for using your plug-ins in real time without the need for DSP
• Connect professional studio monitors using two 1/4 inch balanced jack outputs
• Compact and tough enough to take anywhere
• Powered by USB so you don’t need to carry a power cable
• Includes Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack and Ableton Live Lite
• All the additional software and loops you need to start recording
* Super-low roundtrip latency was measured at 2.74ms, working at 96kHz with a 32 samples buffer on Logic Pro X, running on a Mac Pro and OS 10.11
10+ In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Monday, 22 October 2018
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
7 in stock at our Guildford store
10 in stock at our Guildford warehouse
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery