Sadly we are unable to ship this product outside of Europe at this time. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions you can contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or check out our Help Centre.
Here's what Line 6 say about the James Tyler Variax JTV-89F:
James Tyler Variax is the only guitar in the world that can sound like an entire collection of modern, vintage and exotic instruments. No more dragging multiple guitars to recording sessions. Thanks to cutting-edge Variax technology, each instrument inside the JTV-89F guitar offers exceptional sonic detail plus organic feel and response-allowing you to capture a wide range of tones in pristine sound quality.
JTV-89F also eliminates many common recording challenges: Stay in the creative flow instead of finding, tuning and acclimating to the feel of a new instrument. Track acoustic guitars with ease. Switch between drop tunings on the fly. Banish pickup noise from your recordings forever. It's the guitar you've always wanted in the studio.
Floyd Rose Licensed Double-Locking Tremolo by Graph Tech
The Floyd Rose licensed double-locking tremolo system by Graph Tech is designed for rock-solid stability in any alternate down tuning-and with any instrument. With JTV-89F, you can use extreme whammy bar techniques with classic electric guitars and exotic instruments like sitar-which would otherwise be impossible without heavy mods. The custom-designed bridge includes built-in piezo crystals that flawlessly translate the Variax guitar tone and dynamics. The precision piezos are housed inside a set of Graph Tech String Saver saddles, which are highly resistant to rust, corrosion or perspiration-ideal for sweat-stained stages and beer-soaked venues.
Access an Arsenal of Drop Tunings-Instantly
Imagine going from Standard tuning to Drop Bb in an instant-without interrupting your recording session or sacrificing an ounce of playability. JTV-89F lets you go lower than guitars have gone before, without worrying about pitchiness or slack strings. You can mix and match any tuning with any instrument-and also create your own tunings on the fly with Virtual Capo. It's easy to save your custom tunings, either to the open Model slot on the Alt Tune knob, or to one of the other alternate tuning slots.
Create Custom Instruments with Variax Workbench
Variax Workbench is your own personal guitar custom shop-with a twist. The software takes you far beyond what's possible in the physical realm so you can build virtually any guitar imaginable. Using the powerful and easy-to-use interface, you can mix and match a wide variety of instrument body and pickup models to define your own sound. You can also set up your guitars with Drop D, Drop C, Baritone or any other custom tuning.
Record with 10 Amazing Acoustics and Electrics
With instant access to 10 of the world's greatest acoustic and exotic instruments, JTV-89F ensures you'll always get a great acoustic guitar sound in the studio. Each model delivers the tone of a professionally miked instrument in breathtaking depth and detail, capturing the subtle nuances of string vibration through the soundboard and the tonewoods of the original guitar body. It's never been easier to record pristine acoustic takes-all without setting up mics, preamps and EQ, or worrying about a barking dog or nearby lawnmower.
19 Electric Guitars
When it comes to electrics, we've included 19 incredible instruments so you can explore everything from aggressive metal tones to classic rock, blues and more. Featuring meticulous models based on* historic Strat, Les Paul and Rickenbacker guitars, among others, your James Tyler Variax provides instant access to the guitar tones favored by the world's most famous players. Whether you're recording or performing, Variax gives you a huge range of guitar sounds for all styles of music.
Body & Neck
- Body: Mahogany body
- Neck: Three-piece maple neck with Ebony fingerboard and dot inlays (Tyler Fast n' Flat neck shape)
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Frets: 24 jumbo frets
- Nut: Locking Floyd Rose nut and string tree
- Tuners: Sealed tuners (16:1 turn ratio)
- Hardware: Black and black nickel hardware
- Bridge: Floyd Rose licensed double-locking tremolo system* by Graph Tech
- Pickups: Two high-output alnico humbucking pickups wound to Tyler's specs. Graph Tech piezo pickup system
- Knobs: Master Volume and Tone knobs
- Pickup Selector: 5-way selector switch
- Variax Control: Model and Alt Tune knobs for easily accessing 29 vintage instrument sounds and 11 alternate down tunings
- Outputs: 1/4" out; VDI (Variax Digital Interface) for integration with Line 6 POD HD500 and POD HD Pro, and limited compatibility with POD xt, POD X3, Vetta II amplifier and other legacy Line 6 products
- Battery: Lithium-ion battery (12 hours of play time) and international wall charger (also functions as standard electric guitar without batteries)
- Software: Workbench software and USB interface
- Case: Includes high-quality padded gig bag
- Available Accessories: Additional battery, charger and cable kit available separately