Adrian Smith one of the guitarists in Iron Maiden and this is his rocking signature Jackson SDX! Part of the X Series, the Jackson Adrian Smith SDX features a basswood body and maple neck: a classic combination for metal with loads of bottom and punchy mids with enough top end pop to keep things nice and aggressive! The HSS humbucker/singlecoil/singlecoil 'superstrat' pickup configuration means you can help yourself to a whol palette of tones from lush and thick through to tight and focused.
Here's what Jackson say about the Adrian Smith SDX
The Adrian Smith SDX features a basswood body, bolt-on maple neck, compound-radius rosewood or maple fingerboard, HSS configuration (high-output Jackson bridge pickup, noiseless middle and neck single-coil pickups), white pickguard (rosewood fingerboard model) or black pickguard (maple fingerboard model), five-way blade selector switch, Jackson tuners, Floyd Rose Special tremolo system and black hardware.
- Series: X Series
- Body Style: Solid-body electric
- Body Material: Basswood
- Neck: Maple speed neck
- Bridge: Top-mount Floyd Rose Special
- Frets: 22 (jumbo)
- Finger Board Radius: Compound radius (12"-16")
- Truss Rod: Dual-action with butt-end nut
- Pickup Switching: Five-way blade: bridge (position 1), bridge/middle (position 2), middle (position 3), middle/neck (position 4), neck (position 5)
- Bridge Pickup: Jackson humbucking
- Middle Pickup: Jackson single coil
- Neck Pickup: Jackson single coil
- Tuning Machines: Jackson
- Unique Features: HSS pickup configuration, 22 jumbo frets, maple neck with compound-radius rosewood or maple fingerboard, top-mount Floyd Rose Special tremolo, five-way blade pickup selector switch, white pickguard (rosewood fingerboard model) or black pickguard (maple fingerboard model), Adrian Smith headstock signature
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Position Inlays: Dot
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)