The Fender Mustang Bass is a classic offset instrument, known for its elegant looks and playable 30" scale length. This Vintera '60s Mustang Bass adheres to the classic formula and comes fitted with the decade-defining features found on original models, including a period-correct "C" neck profile, rounded 7.25" fingerboard radius and the distinctive plate-style Mustang bridge.
Classic Fender Construction
Fender has relied on its customary tonewood combinations for the Vintera '60s Mustang Bass. Sporting an Alder body, this balanced-sounding material ensures robust lows, lively mids and crisp highs - a great tonal foundation for the punchy split single-coil pickup.
The Vintera '60s Mustang Bass' Alder body is joined with a bolt-on Maple neck, ensuring a crisp tone when playing finger-style or with a plectrum. The Pau Ferro fingerboard is another thoughtful design touch, adding some crucial lower mid-range warmth and providing a silky-smooth feel under the fingers.
30" Scale Length
Fender's Mustang Bass is unique for its short 30" scale length. Somewhat bridging the gap between an electric guitar scale and that of a conventional bass guitar, this shorter scale length provides a more manageable feel as the Mustang Bass' frets are closer together. And with less tension on the strings, you're also given a slightly looser feel and a deeper tone.
For authentic Fender tone, the Vintera '60s Mustang Bass boasts a split-coil vintage-style pickup that is voiced to sound just like the original. Punchy and growling, it has the tone that made Fender the choice of electric bassists during the golden era of guitar design.
- Alder body
- One ‘60s Mustang Bass split-coil pickup
- “Mid ‘60s Mustang C”-shaped maple neck; 7.25”-radius fingerboard with 19 vintage-style frets
- 4-saddle bridge with threaded saddles; vintage-style tuning machines
- Includes deluxe gig bag
- Body Wood: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Mustang Bass
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Profile: Mid '60s "C"
- Scale Length: 30"
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Fret Size: Vintage
- Number of Frets: 19
- Inlays: White Dots
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style
- Middle Pickup: Vintage-Style '60s Split Single-Coil
- Pickup Switching: None
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Mustang Bass
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Tuners: Vintage-Style "Lollipop"
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Fender Deluxe Gig Bag