The Fender Jazzmaster is an iconic offset electric guitar, known for its distinctive soapbar-style pickups and floating tremolo tailpiece. The Fender Vintera '60s Jazzmaster Modified keeps many classic appointments intact, however it mixes its traditional touches with a number of contemporary features - to suit modern players that adore old-school looks, yet crave powerful tones and superb playability.
Fitted with high-output single-coil pickups, the Vintera '60s Jazzmaster Modified also boasts a modern neck profile and a relatively flat 9.5" fingerboard radius.
Timeless Fender Construction
Fender has relied on its favoured tonewood combinations for the Vintera '60s Jazzmaster Modified. Comprised of an Alder body, this balanced-sounding material ensures robust lows, lively mids and crisp highs.
The Alder body is joined with a bolt-on Maple neck, bringing out even more top-end snap. Giving notes plenty of immediacy, this guitar offers a very responsive feel. The Pau Ferro fingerboard is another thoughtful design feature, adding some crucial lower mid-range warmth and providing a silky-smooth touch under the fingers.
The Vintera '60s Jazzmaster Modified's neck is shaped to Fender's popular modern "C" profile. Although this neck carve is slim and comfortable for contemporary players, it still offers enough girth to satisfy vintage aficionados. Another 21st Century feature includes medium jumbo frets, which allow for greater control over string bending and vibrato techniques.
The most noteworthy appointments are the Vintera '60s Jazzmaster Modified's high-output vintage-style '60s single-coils. Sweet and articulate-sounding with clean settings, as you'd expect from a Fender guitar, these hotter pickups are more than capable of pushing an amp into sweet-sounding overdrive too.
While the electronics will appeal to modern musicians that want plenty of sounds at their disposal, the Vintera '60s Jazzmaster Modified's hardware is far more traditional. Fitted with a classic 'Adjusto-Matic' bridge and a floating tremolo tailpiece, you can warble to your heart's content.
The vintage-style tuning machines provide original-era aesthetics, while their bulletproof design ensures rock-solid performance and exceptional tuning stability. For keeping the Vintera '60s Jazzmaster Modified safe on the road, the included Fender Deluxe Gig Bag's rugged design will provide great protection.
- Body Wood: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Jazzmaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Profile: Modern "C"
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Number of Frets: 21
- Inlays: White Dots
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style
- Neck Pickup: Vintage-Style '60s Single-Coil Hot Jazzmaster
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage-Style '60s Single-Coil Hot Jazzmaster
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup; 2-Position Slide: Up: Rhythm Tone Circuit, Down: Lead Tone Circuit
- Controls: Lead Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Down): Volume (Neck), Volume (Bridge), Master Tone; Rhythm Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Up): Two Thumbwheel Controls for Neck Pickup Volume and Tone
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic Bridge with Vintage Style "Floating" Tremolo Tailpiece
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Aged White
- Tuners: Vintage-Style
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA 250L, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Fender Deluxe Gig Bag