Fender’s Vintera range embodies everything that put the iconic guitar company on the map. Channelling the mojo of their finest ‘50s, ‘60s and ‘70s instruments, the Vintera models also boast a surprisingly affordable price point. The ‘50s Telecaster Modified combines first-run Tele specs with Custom Shop pickups for colourful twang and head-turning looks in equal measure.
Body & Neck
It’s a ‘50s Tele – it’s got to be Ash. Balanced, resonant across the board but with a slightly scooped midrange. A Gloss Polyester finish gives the body a wonderful sheen that oozes vintage class.
The Maple neck has been given the vintage U-shape treatment. A real baseball bat to wrap your hands around, it also really brings out the Tele twang in spectacular fashion.
Electronics & Hardware
While the finish and classic tonewood combo define the ‘50s Tele, the magic is in the word ‘modified’. This model comes loaded with two Custom Shop Tim Shaw-designed pickups; Vintage-Style Single-Coil in the bridge and a "Twisted" Single-Coil in the neck, respectively. You’ll seldom find pickups of this calibre in a guitar at this price point – sizzling tones galore.
A 4-way blade S-1 switch configuration unlocks a whole new palette. You've got out of phase options, as well as both pickups in either series or parallel for hotter output. Vintage-style tuners and the classic 3-saddle American Chrome Barrel saddles complete the picture. This is the definition of classic Tele with a turbocharged sound to boot.
- Body wood: Ash
- Body finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body shape: Telecaster
- Neck material: Maple
- Fingerboard radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Fret size: Medium Jumbo
- Neck finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck mounting: 4 bolt
- Neck profile: Early '50s "U"
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Black Dots
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Vintage-Style Single-Coil Tele
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop "Twisted" Single-Coil Tele
- Pickup Switching: 4-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups in Parallel, Position 3. Neck Pickup, Position 4. Bridge and Neck Pickups in Series
- S-1 swtich for out of phase circuitry
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Nut material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black
- Truss rod: Vintage-Style
- Tuners: Vintage-Style