Fender’s Vintera range embodies everything that put the iconic guitar company on the map. Channelling the mojo of their finest ‘50s, ‘60s and ‘70s instruments, the Vintera models also boast a surprisingly affordable price point. The ‘50s Telecaster does exactly what it sets out to do - deliver an authentic but accessible vintage guitar experience.
Body & Neck
This Tele has an Alder body, a Fender mainstay since the mid-50s. A Gloss Polyester finish gives the guitar a wonderful sheen that oozes vintage class.
The Maple neck has been given the vintage U-shape treatment. A real baseball bat to wrap your hands around, it also really brings out the Tele twang in spectacular fashion.
Electronics & Hardware
While the finish and classic tonewood combo ensure that the ‘50s Tele looks the part, the pickups are where the magic happens. This model comes loaded with two Vintage-Style '50s Single-Coil Tele pickups. Specifically voiced with the earliest Tele tones in mind, you’ll seldom find pickups of this calibre in a guitar at this price point.
A 3-way blade switch, vintage-style tuners and the classic 3-saddle American Chrome Barrel saddles complete the picture. This is the definition of classic Telecaster - looks, sound and feel in equal measure.
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body shape: Telecaster
- Neck material: Maple
- Fingerboard radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Fret size: Vintage
- Neck finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck mounting: 4 bolt
- Neck profile: Early '50s "U"
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Black Dots
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage-Style '50s Single-Coil Tele
- Neck Pickup: Vintage-Style '50s Single-Coil Tele
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control knobs: Knurled Domes
- Hardware finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Nut material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black
- Truss rod: Vintage-Style
- Tuners: Vintage-Style