The Fender Player Series is effectively the replacement of their Mexican-made Standard range. The same basic formula applies; legendary Fender design, classic wood combinations and instantly recognisable tone, but at a wallet-friendly price point. But with the Player Series, Fender have made a number of tweaks to take these instruments up a notch, aimed squarely at an ever-changing and increasingly demanding market. Expect timeless Fender sound and feel, but with modern playability and workhorse reliability to boot!
While Fender are known worldwide for their legendary Precision and Jazz basses, there are those who seek something to stand out from the crowd - enter the Fender Jaguar Bass. With a super simple pickup configuration, sleek offset curves and a smooth playability, this is that little 'something different' you've been after!
Body & Neck
Alder has been chosen for the body, a popular choice for many of Fender's solid-body offerings. Its resonant tone and midrange emphasis makes it perfect for the contemporary bass player; expect a honky response with plenty of attack and enough depth to underpin the biggest of grooves.
The maple modern C-shape neck perfectly complements the Alder body with its snappy response. It emphasises your attack, ensuring that your popping basslines shine through any mix, live and in the studio. Pau Ferro is used for the fretboard, delivering a tone somwhere in between Rosewood and Ebony, but with the best qualities of both. Silky smooth playability, a snappy but resonant tone, and an attractive caramel grain that varies from one instrument to the next.
Electronics & Hardware
Fender have employed a double-bill of classic bass tone for the Jaguar Bass. A Player Series single-coil Jazz bass bridge pickup is teamed up with a Player Series split-coil Precision bass middle pickup. This gives you even coverage of the Fender bass tonal spectrum; fat lows, a punchy midrange and a crystal-clear attack that makes the Jag bass suitable for whatever you throw at it!
Iconic Fender Standard Open-gear tuning machines, a 3-ply pickguard, chrome hardware and a four-bolt F-stamped neck plate are among the additional features that complete the Jaguar Bass picture. Innovative, beautiful, versatile, but make no mistake - this is a Fender through-and-through!
- Series: Player
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, Modern “C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Fingerboard: Maple or Pau Ferro, 9.5” Radius (241 mm)
- Frets: 20, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Dots (Maple), White Dots (Pau Ferro)
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.5” (38.1 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Standard Open-Gear
- Scale Length: 34” (864 mm)
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Standard
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Pickups: Player Series Alnico 5 Single-Coil Jazz Bass (Bridge), Player Series Alnico 5 Split Single-Coil Precision Bass (Middle)
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome