Fender's Japanese division serve up some wonderful guitars, and this '70s Telecaster Thinline is no exception! Part of the Traditional Series, this exquisite instrument has an alluring range of vintage-inspired appointments — combining iconic looks and "Golden Era" specs with renowned Japanese craftsmanship.
The Fender Made in Japan Traditional '70s Telecaster Thinline offers a truly special "time capsule" feel and sound that old-school players will simply adore. But contemporary guitarists are sure to find its light semi-hollow construction and dual-humbucking pickup configuration appealing — making it a fantastic workhorse for the stage and the studio!
- Semi-Hollow Ash Body — This mix of body design and timber gives the Telecaster Thinline a vibrant, airy voice with exceptional resonance and sustain.
- Bolt-On Construction — Produces the "snappy" note response synonymous with all Fender instruments. Sports time-honoured 3-bolt neck joint/plate that '70s Fenders are famous for!
- "U"-Shaped Neck — Classic profile provides comfortable playability with its girthy, period-correct shape.
- Vintage Frets — Smaller fret-wire gives your fingers reassuring contact with the fingerboard and allows you to play with plenty of feel and control.
- Fender Wide Range Humbuckers — Originally designed by legendary pickup innovator Seth Lover in the early '70s. Deliver a high-fidelity tone with clear highs, punchy mids and robust lows.
- Bone Nut — Low-friction material minimises unwanted tuning slips and enhances sustain.
- Vintage "F"-Stamped Tuners — High-quality, old-school tuning machines allow for precise string pitching.
- Included Gig Bag — Will keep the guitar protected against knocks on the road!
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape: "U" Shape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.615" (41.02 mm)
- Bridge Pickup: Fender Wide Range Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Fender Wide Range Humbucking
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Hardtail
- Tuning Machines: Fender Vintage "F" Stamped
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Aged White Pearl
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Neck Plate: 3-Bolt
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case: Gig Bag