Fender's MIJ Traditional Series encompasses a range of vintage-inspired Fender instruments. Combining iconic looks and "Golden Era" specs with renowned Japanese craftsmanship, these time-honoured guitars and basses pay tribute to some of the most coveted music-making tools ever created!
This Traditional '50s Telecaster is a real "time capsule" guitar that provides the playability and sound of Fender's earliest Tele models. From its vintage-style pickups and hardware, to its thick "U"-shaped neck and stylish 1-ply pickguard — this retro instrument is a nostalgic masterpiece that will give old-school guitar aficionados plenty of satisfying vibe.
- Basswood Body — Lightweight timber with balanced tonal properties. A rock-solid foundation for the single-coil pickup pairing.
- Bolt-On Construction — Produces the "snappy" note response synonymous with all Fender instruments.
- "U"-Shaped Neck — Classic '50s profile provides comfortable playability with its girthy, traditional shape.
- Vintage Frets — Smaller fret-wire gives your fingers reassuring contact with the fingerboard and allows you to play with plenty of control.
- Fender Vintage-Style Pickups — Two single-coils deliver the legendary "twang" that all Fender Telecasters are adored for!
- Strings-Through-Body Bridge — 3-saddle bridge captures the look and sound of "Golden Era" Teles, with string-through-body design and brass saddles boosting resonance.
- Bone Nut — Low-friction material minimises unwanted tuning slips and enhances sustain.
- Vintage-Style Tuners — High-quality, old-school tuning machines allow for precise string pitching.
- Body: Basswood
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape: "U" Shape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.615" (41.02 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Tele
- Neck Pickup: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Tele
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage-Style Strings-Through-Body Tele with Brass Barrel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Eggshell
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Fender Gig Bag