Fender's MIJ Traditional Series encompasses a range of vintage-inspired Fender instruments. Combining iconic looks and "Golden Era" specs with renowned Japanese craftsmanship, these time-honoured guitars and basses pay tribute to some of the most coveted music-making tools ever created!
This Traditional '50s Stratocaster is a real "time capsule" guitar that provides the playability and sound of Fender's earliest Strat models. From its vintage-style pickups and hardware, to its thick "U"-shaped neck and stylish 1-ply pickguard — this retro instrument is a nostalgic masterpiece that will give old-school guitar aficionados plenty of satisfying vibe.
- Basswood Body — Lightweight timber with balanced tonal properties. A rock-solid foundation for the trio of single-coils.
- Bolt-On Construction — Produces the "snappy" note response synonymous with all Fender instruments.
- "U"-Shaped Neck — Classic '50s profile provides comfortable playability with its girthy, traditional shape.
- Vintage Frets — Smaller fret-wire gives your fingers reassuring contact with the fingerboard and allows you to play with plenty of control.
- Fender Vintage-Style Pickups — Three single-coils deliver the vibrant "chiming" sounds that all Fender Stratocasters are adored for. 5-way switch provides a wide sonic palette too!
- Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo — Lets you embellish chords and lead lines with smooth, expressive vibrato.
- Bone Nut — Classic, low-friction material minimises unwanted tuning slips and enhances sustain.
- Vintage-Style Tuners — High-quality, old-school tuning machines allow for precise string pitching.
- Body: Basswood
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape: "U" Shape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.615" (41.02 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Eggshell
- Control Knobs: Eggshell
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Fender Gig Bag