The Fender Player Series offers legendary Fender design, classic wood combinations and instantly recognisable tone, but at a wallet-friendly price point. Fender have made a number of tweaks to take these instruments up a notch - expect timeless Fender sound and feel, but with modern playability and workhorse reliability to boot!
Body & Neck
They’ve opted for an Alder body for the Player Series Telecaster. Known for being simultaneously lightweight and tonally resonant, it's balanced in every sense of the word. Its sound is often described as rich, with some emphasis on upper-midrange brightness.
Then there's the other classic Tele tonewood: Maple. Known for its density, varied grain pattern and snappy tone, it perfectly complements the Alder used for the body. The one-piece design means your fretboard surface is the same as the neck, providing plenty of attack and even, comfortable navigation of the 22-fret range, complete with rounded edges.
Hardware & Electronics
Fender have loaded the Player Series Tele with two Alnico V Tele Single-coils in the traditional Telecaster configuration (uncovered & slanted in the bridge, covered and straight in the neck). The Alnico V magnetic configuration is a little more edgy than its counterparts, with a slightly higher output than works wonders for your tone. Combined with the Alder and Maple tonewood combination, you get all of that Tele twang that you know and love, but with a fuller midrange bark, not to mention a more cohesive response with chordal parts.
Top it off with Standard Cast Fender tuners, a 3-ply scratchplate and classic knurled flat-top controls, all in a glorious chrome finish, and you've got an instrument that can take anything you throw at it - a Fender Telecaster through and through!
- Series: Player
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, Modern “C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back, Gloss Urethane Finish on Front
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5” Radius (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Standard Cast/Sealed
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: 6-Saddle String-Through-Body Tele with Block Steel Saddles
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Pickups: Alnico V Tele Single-coil
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome