The Vintera series captures the tone and spirit of vintage Fender guitars, and with these limited edition Road Worn finishes they look even more like a vintage instrument. This Road Worn model features a nitrocellulose lacquer finish that has been lightly aged and will continue to age gracefully as you play it. This 70s Tele Deluxe model brings bold humbucker power to the Tele formula.
Nitrocellulose lacquer was used to finish guitars and basses back in Fender’s golden era of the 50s and 60s. Unlike the modern polyester finishes, nitro wears a lot easier and more gracefully which you can see on vintage Fenders. Nitro is often reserved for the higher-end models, particularly in the custom shop where they relic guitars to give them that vintage, worn-in look. This limited edition Road Worn series brings nitro relic finishes down to a more affordable level. This way you can get a guitar with a vintage aesthetic that’ll age naturally according to your playing without having to break the bank.
Body and Neck
This Tele features an alder body which has been the Fender standard since the late 50s. The maple neck has a “Medium C” profile which has a versatile shape that’s an all-rounder for a wide range of playing styles. The matching maple fingerboard features a 9.5” radius that has some curve to comfortably fret chords while still being flat enough for solos and string bends. Like the body, the neck also features a Road Worn nitro finish for a smooth, worn-in, instantly familiar feel.
Pickups and Hardware
Not only does the Road Worn Vintera Tele look the part it also sounds the part of a vintage Tele Deluxe too. True to the 70s, this Tele has two Fender Wide Range humbucking pickups. These things are built to rock with a bold and powerful tone that really punches. While they are built to handle higher gain than traditional Tele pickups, they still offer smooth and warm clean tones.
Other classic appointments include a 3-way blade switch, skirted black control knobs, vintage-style “F” stamped tuners, and a 6-saddle Strat bridge for tuning stability.
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Road Worn® Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Road Worn® Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Medium "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Fender® Wide Range Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Fender® Wide Range Humbucking
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Strat® Hardtail with Bent Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender® Vintage "F" Stamped
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Control Knobs: Skirted Black Plastic with Numbered Indicators
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)