The Fender Jazz Bass is a legendary instrument, first introduced in 1960. Renowned for its superb playability, punchy mid-range and raspy overtones; the venerable Jazz Bass has featured on countless recordings and is still played on stages all over the world.
This iconic formula has been updated for Fender’s Player series of instruments, taking the mantle over from the Mexican-made Standard range. Its combines classic style with modern playability, to make your life as comfortable as possible whether practising, recording or playing live. This particular limited edition version boasts a gorgeous Flamed Maple top with a striking Blue Burst finish - for that high-end look.
A classic Fender tonewood combination has been used to construct the Player series Plus Top Jazz Bass. Built around an Alder body that serves as a balanced sonic foundation for the two single-coil pickups, the bolt-on Maple neck gives notes plenty of vibrancy and a snappy, immediate response. These qualities are perfect for finger-style, slap and picked playing - ensuring that you stand out in practically any mix!
Comfortable Modern "C" Neck
The Fender Player series Jazz Bass sports a Modern "C"-shaped neck profile with a smooth satin urethane finish on the back that guarantees a fast, friction-free feel. Offering optimal support for your fretting hand, this comfortable neck allows you to play long sets without encountering any fatigue or strain.
A signature feature of a Jazz Bass is its thin 1.5" nut width too, which gives its strings fairly narrow spacing for easier playability. The Player series model adheres to this beloved formula, with its 20 medium jumbo frets providing a controllable feel under the fingers.
Authentic Fender Tone
Bassists seeking fat, rumbling low-end tones will love the Player series alnico 5 single-coil pickups. These have a slight vintage tonal quality, with great versatility and nuance to be punching above its price range. Independent volume controls for each pickup and a master tone knob gives you solid authority over your sound too!
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane on Back, Gloss Urethane on Front
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt "F" Stamped
- Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Frets Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5” (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Player Series Alnico 5 Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Neck Pickup: Player Series Alnico 5 Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Standard
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Standard Open-Gear
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Vintage-Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Strings: Fender USA 7250M Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges)