Fender's MIJ series (Made in Japan) are made to drool over. Exclusive custom specs, brilliant hardware and sleek looks. This Offset Telecaster is a completely limited edition run, so once they're gone, they are gone for good.
Body and neck
This is no ordinary Tele. Straight away you will notice the natural, gloss finish on a rich Mahogany body in its asymmetrical shape. It sports a Mahogany matching neck in a classic 'U' shape for an authentic playing experience. On top is a beautiful, dark Rosewood fretboard which adds to the smooth warm tones the guitar produces. 21 medium frets are in keeping with the vintage vibe.
There aren't many Telecasters which feature a vintage-voiced single coil in the bridge and P-90 in the neck position. But the MIJ Tele is a one-of-a-kind. You get the classic twang from the bridge, while the soapbar offers that hybrid middle-ground thickness for creamy lead tones.
Fitted is a retro three-saddle string-thru-body ashtray bridge. Comfortable to rest your picking hand for long periods. Elsewhere you have the classic volume and tone setup with a three-way selector for plenty of sonic variety and experimentation. A bone nut holds the strings firm for excellent tuning stability and kills any buzz.
- Body Finish: Polyester
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Body Shape: Jazzmaster®
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Tele®
- Bridge 3-Saddle: Strings-Thru-Body Tele® Bridge
- Case/Gig Bag: Gig Bag
- Color: Mahogany
- Configuration: SS
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 10" (254 mm)
- Fret Size: Medium
- Hardware Finish: Nickel
- Neck Finish: Polyester
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Pickup: Soapbar
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Neck Shape: "U" Shape
- Number of Frets: 21
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Position Inlays: Ivory Dot
- Strings: NPS, .010-.046 Gauges
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style