The Fender American Performer Strat is one of the most affordable 'Made in the USA' guitars available in Fender's catalogue. However, its modest price isn't a reflection of poor quality, as this instrument beautifully displays Fender's class-leading craftsmanship in all of its glory.
Appointed with the typical features that you'd expect on a Stratocaster, the American Performer does however boast some thoughtful modern features to bring it up to scratch. Sporting brand new Yosemite pickups, a smooth satin-finished neck and the desirable 'Greasebucket' tone circuit, this instrument can serve as the perfect live workhorse for any guitarist.
Fender's long-established tonewood combinations remain intact with the American Performer Strat. Featuring an Alder body, this popular material ensures balanced lows, lively mids and a crisp top-end, serving as the perfect tonal foundation for the bright-sounding single-coils.
The Alder body is paired with a Maple neck, accentuating the highs even more to allow your playing to really cut through in a mix. The bolt-on construction also gives notes a definitive snap, so that you can play with plenty of articulation.
Featuring a modern "C" profile, this neck will suit contemporary players looking for a slim feel, while offering enough thickness for vintage aficionados. Finished with satin polyurethane, this ultra-smooth neck lacquer won't hinder fast or technical playing at all, so even shredders will adore its playability! Fitted with jumbo frets too, you can gain more control and precision over the entire fingerboard.
The most noteworthy aspect of the American Performer Stratocaster is its set of pickups. Installed with a trio Fender's new Yosemite single-coils, these pickups are designed to project rich and expressive tones. With flat-staggered pole pieces that increase their output, these pickups also have a shellac coating that controls feedback without choking their sound.
Making this instrument suitable for a number of styles, these pickups unlock even more versatility from what is already considered as the most adaptable guitar design ever. It doesn't end there either, as the American Performer Strat also features a push/pull tone control that lets you add the neck pickup in any switch position, for even more tonal possibilities.
The 'Greasebucket' tone circuit is yet another thoughtful addition. Letting you roll off the top-end without adding any bass frequencies, you can use your tone controls in a more useful and musical manner - not turning your guitar tone to mush!
- Series: American Performer
- Country Of Origin: USA
- Colour: Olympic White
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Number of Frets: 22
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Truss Rods: Standard
- Bridge Pickup: Yosemite Singe-Coil Stratocaster
- Middle Pickup: Yosemite Single-Coil Stratocaster
- Neck Pickup: Yosemite Single-Coil Stratocaster
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck & Middle Pickup), Tone 2. Greasebucket™ Tone Circuit (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup Position 3. Middle Pickup Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender ClassicGear
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic
- Strings: Fender USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Fender Deluxe Gig Bag